Is it possible to gain 10 lbs in a month? And will doing a 30 day pushup/ab challenge make a diff.?

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
So I'm working on my beach bod for labor day in Vegas when going to pool parties. at 6'4", 160 lbs will 10 pounds make a difference in terms of me looking bigger or more toned?

2nd part of my question is I workout 3 days a week, 1 day of cardio with 2 days of weight lifting. If I add in doing a push up's and crunches until failure or at least 5 sets of 50 for each workout the 3 days I exercise will my abs and chest be more toned and defined?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
So I'm working on my beach bod for labor day in Vegas when going to pool parties. at 6'4", 160 lbs will 10 pounds make a difference in terms of me looking bigger or more toned?

2nd part of my question is I workout 3 days a week, 1 day of cardio with 2 days of weight lifting. If I add in doing a push up's and crunches until failure or at least 5 sets of 50 for each workout the 3 days I exercise will my abs and chest be more toned and defined?
you can add ten lbs of weight in a month, but that kind of rapid gain will have you looking pudgy

if you do two days of lifting a week....what kind of split? upper body / lower body?
push / pull? two full body workouts?

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yes it’s possible.

Do the people that you’re trying to impress see you everyday. If not it won’t be a huge gain because 10 lbs won’t fill out your frame at 6’4. If you know these people then yes, they’ll notice a 10 lbs difference.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
you can add ten lbs of weight in a month, but that kind of rapid gain will have you looking pudgy

if you do two days of lifting a week....what kind of split? upper body / lower body?
push / pull? two full body workouts?
push/pull I guess I focus on one body part (ex. chest, arms, legs, back, shoulders)

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
10 pounds of what?

Muscle: No
Muscle, fat and water weight: Sure

I don't think 1 day of cardio, and two days of lifting are going to do much honestly. That's 8 sessions of lifting across 30 days You aren't going to gain much muscle mass across eight sessions.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
push/pull I guess I focus on one body part (ex. chest, arms, legs, back, shoulders)
at your height and weight it seems that you'd have decent abs

my advice is to work smarter not harder

sets of pushups and crunches to failure is not a good plan

better to design ab routine doing different exercises for upper abs, lower abs, obliques,and serratus

and design chest workout involving pushing movements (targeting different parts of the chest) and flyes

If you have access to gym equipment..should be easy to design routine targeting those areas.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
10 pounds of what?

Muscle: No
Muscle, fat and water weight: Sure

I don't think 1 day of cardio, and two days of lifting are going to do much honestly. That's 8 sessions of lifting across 30 days You aren't going to gain much muscle mass across eight sessions.

Damn, close thread

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

You better go way more than 3 days a week.
You better off just hittin some pushups before you walk out the door and pumping what you do got up.

Daps
Yea no need to lie to him. Quick fix with building muscle is not gonna happen unless you take steroids,takes a strong and CONSISTENT 2-3 years to build a solid physique,about another 2-3 years to really be diesel

These are the best threads. Mufukkas pop up two weeks before some summer relate event asking how can they accomplish fitness related goal that takes 16 months lol

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
These are the best threads. Mufukkas pop up two weeks before some summer relate event asking how can they accomplish fitness related goal that takes 16 months lol

That shyt crazy,it baffles me too.

Like how you gonna try to build a summer body in April? :mjlol:

What it is tho is the false advertisements,they see guys who’ve been lifting for years,bulk and cut and see the muscle and think they can do the same because they did it so quick,not knowing under that flab those guys have serious and developed muscle underneath