Is it just me or did the PS4 age horribly?

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I tried to play the Evil Within 2 on PS4 and that framerate is absolutely abysmal:scust:. In fact, all PS4 action games are shyt on PS4 compared to PS5 backwards compatible options. The difference is extremely noticeable, almost to the point where I want to get another PS5 for the bedroom (where my current PS4 is mounted, since my PS5 is in my living room). Anyone else notice this?

I have a hella large PS4 backlog that I want to get through. Problem is that I have very limited storage on my PS5 internal SSD, and I also broke my external HDD that had my PS4 games saved on there. So now I will probably have to cop a PS5 pro, because even playing those PS4 games is an unenjoyable experience :snoop:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Load times, Framerates, UI and overall speed of it, resolutions, etc.

i really have no idea why anyone would bother to keep their ps4 around much less play it when ps5 exists. I will probably feel the same way about the base model ps5 when the pro comes out

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Load times, Framerates, UI and overall speed of it, resolutions, etc.

i really have no idea why anyone would bother to keep their ps4 around much less play it when ps5 exists. I will probably feel the same way about the base model ps5 when the pro comes out
Maybe bc of digital catalog? I'm disc only but did purchase some of those older PS4 digital games, like hotline Miami, etc. My only reason is bc I wanted to be able to game in my bedroom with my PS4, but the quality is so damn bad that I can't bring myself to play it. Oh and also you can remote play PS5 through the PS4.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Maybe bc of digital catalog? I'm disc only but did purchase some of those older PS4 digital games, like hotline Miami, etc. My only reason is bc I wanted to be able to game in my bedroom with my PS4, but the quality is so damn bad that I can't bring myself to play it. Oh and also you can remote play PS5 through the PS4.

Just the simple concept of booting up your system and getting straight into a game as a fast and seamless experience i wouldn’t give up

For example, Helldivers 2. I turn on ps5 and im in my ship in under a minute