Is it corny when couples have their "song"?

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
You know. A couple has that one song that they feel embodies their relationship that they decide to make it their song. Is that some corny shyt or is it still popping?

The downside to that is that after you breakup your love for that song gets ruined by good/bad memories. :damn:

Does anyone do this?

Daps
Reppin
Twin Cities
i used to have songs with my exes.

a couple of them i still remember:

let's chill by guy (this girl was my first love, i haven't seen her since about '95 - but i still have love for her)

and

i will always love you by whitney (this was my beautiful, perfect tittied, high maintenance nympho chick that was crazy psycho. haven't seen her in person for over a decade but she still calls me once in a while).

EDIT: i don't think the songs get ruined, but it is bittersweet sometimes thinking about those intimate moments, etc.

ain't gonna lie, i have had the same "song" with different girls before, lol.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
No, its isn't.

But it can become depressing. :to:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2S3RgEmy1A[/ame]

R.I.P. to my on and off relationship with my first love -- 2008-2013 :sadcam:

and yes, she was an African American woman :myman:
@DarlingNikki

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Gonzo

Head full of acid
Daps
You know. A couple has that one song that they feel embodies their relationship that they decide to make it their song. Is that some corny shyt or is it still popping?

The downside to that is that after you breakup your love for that song gets ruined by good/bad memories. :damn:

Does anyone do this?

What's wrong with a couple having their own song? :dwillhuh: Now couple can't enjoy themselves? You guys are too much here. :yeshrug:

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
What's wrong with a couple having their own song? :dwillhuh: Now couple can't enjoy themselves? You guys are too much here. :yeshrug:

Nothing. I've done it in the past and wouldn't mind doing it now. I was asking if anyone else has. People tend to hate on everything related to relationships on here so I was just wondering.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Having a song with a woman is all a part of the richness of a relationship. It makes the highs higher and the lows lower, but in the end the things that you feel as a result of the song are things that define your humanity and connect you to someone that you care about. Even in the bad times it's worth having because it reminds you that you were human and that you are/were at least lucky enough to experience that kind of connection with a special someone. I've had mine... after the dust settled, I never regretted having a song with any of the women I've had significant relationships with. They show where I was and how far I've come as a result.

Mentally I kinda just give it the :salute: and continue to live my life. It's a fond memory to be valued and learned from.