Is hard work the key to Black success, education, etc.?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
One of the key differences in philsophy between Black liberal and conservatives is this "hard work" debate. If you listen to some Black conservatives, they may acknowledge racism exist but will hit you with the "Yeah, but.." And boil it down to hard work is the key despite challenges you may face in being Black.

Then you'll have Black liberals who ill point out that Black people start out with a disadvantage. One that whites don't have to face. And to simplify to "working hard " is silly.

But here's my question. If Conservatives (Black or White) are wrong in simplifying to working hard. THen why do some Blacks succeed and some don't? If some didn't just work harder then other Blacks? ANd how would duplicate that model to the ones who are not succeeeding?

To me, even people like Farrakhan,, Claude Anderson, Tariq, Dr. Boyce, etc. still boil down their mesage to working hard. Despite their belief in White Supremacy. I could be wrong in my interpration so feel free to correct.

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
Then you'll have Black liberals who ill point out that Black people start out with a disadvantage.

one thing is they got a big head start with slavery that went uninterrupted for many centuries... the entire world ate and still eats GOOD off black folks backs...

we also got an internal issue, thats gotten worse since the civil rights c00n generation...

it aint just about workin hard, its about working hard for YOURSELF and YOUR PEOPLE... cause most black folks today work hard, just not for their own benefit....

this shyt started with the civil rights generation, most of em saw a 40 year job wit one company as making it... they squandered everything their parents had left for em....

damn near every black person in america today might as well be 1st generation...

wit no assets, and no infrastructure at all... :francis:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
One of the key differences in philsophy between Black liberal and conservatives is this "hard work" debate. If you listen to some Black conservatives, they may acknowledge racism exist but will hit you with the "Yeah, but.." And boil it down to hard work is the key despite challenges you may face in being Black.

Then you'll have Black liberals who ill point out that Black people start out with a disadvantage. One that whites don't have to face. And to simplify to "working hard " is silly.

But here's my question. If Conservatives (Black or White) are wrong in simplifying to working hard. THen why do some Blacks succeed and some don't? If some didn't just work harder then other Blacks? ANd how would duplicate that model to the ones who are not succeeeding?

To me, even people like Farrakhan,, Claude Anderson, Tariq, Dr. Boyce, etc. still boil down their mesage to working hard. Despite their belief in White Supremacy. I could be wrong in my interpration so feel free to correct.
yup. But to answer your question it comes down to an infinitesimal number of variables, risk taking, opportunity and a little bit of luck (i.e uncaculated perfect timing).

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

Unfortunately black people use a lot of white supremacist taking points because we see ourselves through the eyes of white people, which is why learning about the history of oppression of African people in this country is so important. In the early 1900s you had black people who worked hard and achieved a lot of success. The problem is for every one person who makes it, there's a million who are forcibly excluded from the economic landscape of America. There has always been "token" black people who made it, but the masses are still under the heel of a racist society.

It's why in 2016, black people with college degrees are have the same prospects as a white person with a criminal record. It's why having a black sounding name makes you 50% less likely to be called back for a job interview. It's why black people are still being denied home and business loans that aren't predatory in nature. Their hard work will always be negated because they have to go to a racist white society for their needs.

Our issue has never been work ethic, it's always been white supremacy.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Can it just be success for every race , none of this racial shyt is gonna away with that kinda mindstate , no I'm not a CAC , yes I'm Mexican

Wetback Beaner whatever who cares were all human

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Unfortunately black people use a lot of white supremacist taking points because we see ourselves through the eyes of white people, which is why learning about the history of oppression of African people in this country is so important. In the early 1900s you had black people who worked hard and achieved a lot of success. The problem is for every one person who makes it, there's a million who are forcibly excluded from the economic landscape of America. There has always been "token" black people who made it, but the masses are still under the heel of a racist society.

It's why in 2016, black people with college degrees are have the same prospects as a white person with a criminal record. It's why having a black sounding name makes you 50% less likely to be called back for a job interview. It's why black people are still being denied home and business loans that aren't predatory in nature. Their hard work will always be negated because they have to go to a racist white society for their needs.

Our issue has never been work ethic, it's always been white supremacy.
I hear what you're sayinh about tokenism but why do some make it and some dont. Are the ones who make it tokens?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I hear what you're sayinh about tokenism but why do some make it and some dont. Are the ones who make it tokens?

Absolutely. There's always been a limit on what black people are allowed to accomplish in America without severe pushback and reprecurssions. A regarding J Edgar Hoover and Marcus Garvey gives the best example of the African American experience:

They feared the hundreds of thousands, the masses of blacks under his influence. Garvey rejected America, and they could no more agree to and accept a militant rejection of America by blacks than they could accept a militant demand for full inclusion by blacks.

This white supremacist society rejects black people being included in America as much as they reject black people wanting nothing to do with America. They want us to accept oppression in silence and with a smile (which is why they love to push the false MLK narrative of forgiveness and turning the other cheek). And whenever anyone attempts to change the status quo, the full force of the government jumps in to destroy anything we accomplish (MLK, Malcolm X, Panthers, RNA, Garvey, Tulsa, Rosewood, Wilmington, etc).

They like to focus on the few who do make it so that it takes the spotlight off the masses who will never progress due to the racist policies in all areas of American life.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Absolutely. There's always been a limit on what black people are allowed to accomplish in America without severe pushback and reprecurssions. A regarding J Edgar Hoover and Marcus Garvey gives the best example of the African American experience:

This white supremacist society rejects black people being included in America as much as they reject black people wanting nothing to do with America. They want us to accept oppression in silence and with a smile (which is why they love to push the false MLK narrative of forgiveness and turning the other cheek). And whenever anyone attempts to change the status quo, the full force of the government jumps in to destroy anything we accomplish (MLK, Malcolm X, Panthers, RNA, Garvey, Tulsa, Rosewood, Wilmington, etc).

They like to focus on the few who do make it so that it takes the spotlight off the masses who will never progress due to the racist policies in all areas of American life.

They feared the hundreds of thousands, the masses of blacks under his influence. Garvey rejected America, and they could no more agree to and accept a militant rejection of America by blacks than they could accept a militant demand for full inclusion by blacks.

pretty much..

they just want us to suffer in silence with a smile. :wow:

frankster

Rookie
Daps
Success has nothing to do with "working Hard" that's a Myth...... the hardest working people known to history are black African slaves.
The true secret to success is working Smart or Intelligently.
Most Circumstances and Situations take a back seat to intelligent execution of work ethic.
Always remember that the circumstances you find yourself in is but the materials you are given to work with but the mind you are born with is a universal tool able to adopted to and work with any given situation..
So if there is any hard work to be done it is to be done with and in the mind.....It is the use of the mind that differentiate individuals born in the same circumstances.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Intelligence, access, finding the right mentors, resilience.