Is Dealing With Hackers Just A Way Of Life For PC Gamers?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps

it really do just be like that with PC online gaming? :wtf:

i've got BF 2042 pre-ordered on my brand new PC and I guess i'll have to make peace with the idea of running into these hackers :shaq2:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I wouldn't even say its a "pc thing" more like a massive online multiplayer thing. Cheats do exist on consoles as well.

It's just WAY easier to use on pcs.

But yea this is a massive blow. Both Warzone and Battlefield were touting their next gen anticheat was the answer we were waiting for. :francis:

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
o pc higher profile games tend to get hacked faster :manny: the key is how good is the anti cheat maker at updating the software. i bought a second copy of bf3 to test out some cheats i got just to see what hacks worked like :manny: i went 2 weeks before getting a punkbuster ban so i couldnt play any official servers since they all ran punkbuster software.

player owned servers is also a key factor in banning cheaters. i also ran a bf4 server and most server owners run procon software for admin stuff on servers. procon allows different plugins to be added. you can even spectate players as an admin and see if they are hacking and perma ban them on the spot. one plugin will ban a player whose name is banned under punkbuster even on other games. So my bf3 hack account cant join most bf4 servers either even though i never hacked in bf4. you can add 3rd party plugins to ban even more hackers. If players can own their own servers, hackers wont be a long term issue.