Is Concord the biggest flop of this generation? ($400M Budget, Shut Down after One Week)

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
How much does deadlock cost?

Deadlock does feel more fresh due to leaning on the MOBA side. The other 3rd person MOBA games have been kinda mid. Plenty of space for a new game to separate itself from the pack.

Which ties in to what exactly I've been saying. Concord is a solid 40$ hero shooter in a sea of solid free to play hero shooters.

If you're playing Overwatch, Apex, etc. There's really nothing separating the games outside of price, and characters.
Apex plays nothing like Overwatch or Concord :dahell:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Apex plays nothing like Overwatch or Concord :dahell:
I know, let me put it this way.

There's nothing that would separate Concord from Overwatch, Apex, or other hero shooters no matter how good it plays.

Overwatch and Apex were different enough at the time they released they caught a player base (apex more due to the awesome Titanfall Multiplayer which people wanted more of).

Like you said, it might have worked in 2019, won't work today.,

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I know, let me put it this way.

There's nothing that would separate Concord from Overwatch, Apex, or other hero shooters no matter how good it plays.

Overwatch and Apex were different enough at the time they released they caught a player base (apex more due to the awesome Titanfall Multiplayer which people wanted more of).

Like you said, it might have worked in 2019, won't work today.,
Lots of Mid games that don’t make it.

Absolutely ZERO of them end up with 600 players as their peak.

Why are we ignoring the elephant in the room :jbhmm:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Lots of Mid games that don’t make it.

Absolutely ZERO of them end up with 600 players as their peak.

Why are we ignoring the elephant in the room :jbhmm:
And plenty of "go woke go broke" games sell millions, what's your point?

Quit giving these cacs power. We all know they're out there. All we can do is ignore them and buy what we feel is worthy of our dollars.

I'm not going to be guilt tripped into buying a (full price) game because of cacs cheering for it's failure.

Simply put, no, I didn't buy the game cause of a bunch of cacs telling me not to. I didn't buy it because the genre is stale to me, and there are plenty of free to play options I could grab if I felt the urge to play a hero shooter.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And plenty of "go woke go broke" games sell millions, what's your point?

Which ones?

The only gay games that do big numbers are ACTUALLY gay games. Like games where being gay is literally a game mechanic. This is a playstation exclusive shooter. The two crowds don’t mix.
Quit giving these cacs power. We all know they're out there. All we can do is ignore them and buy what we feel is worthy of our dollars.
I’m not giving them power.

You guys are by posting their opinions in any other context.

Who do you think are writing the metacritic and steam reviews :usure:
I'm not going to be guilt tripped into buying a (full price) game because of cacs cheering for it's failure.
Don’t need to buy it, just be cognizant about how much influence those cacs have on how games are talked about :ehh:
Simply put, no, I didn't buy the game cause of a bunch of cacs telling me not to. I didn't buy it because the genre is stale to me, and there are plenty of free to play options I could grab if I felt the urge to play a hero shooter.
I’m not sure why you are defending your decision not to buy the game. I didn’t call you a nasty cac………you feeling guilty?? :usure:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Which ones?

The only gay games that do big numbers are ACTUALLY gay games. Like games where being gay is literally a game mechanic. This is a playstation exclusive shooter. The two crowds don’t mix.

I’m not giving them power.

You guys are by posting their opinions in any other context.

Who do you think are writing the metacritic and steam reviews :usure:

Don’t need to buy it, just be cognizant about how much influence those cacs have on how games are talked about :ehh:

I’m not sure why you are defending your decision not to buy the game. I didn’t call you a nasty cac………you feeling guilty?? :usure:
You’re looking for a reason the game bombed. I’m giving you that reason.

And Spider-Man 2/BG3 to answer your other question

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:russ: Just know that both Apex Legends and Overwatch were also deemed woke. They literally used to called Overwatch “Tumblrwatch” lol. And was saying that Apex Legends was “white genocide” for its lack of white male characters. The usual suspects were also mad about the lbgt representation. So why did those games succeed while Concord failed?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Apex is a hero shooter, just like Overwatch and Concord.
Guns are the main element of Apex, abilities are secondary. Everyone can pick up any gun in Apex and shoot someone. Its also a battle royal. Its more like Fortnite than Overwatch/concord.

Overwatch and Concord your hero is your weapon. If youre genji, you cant shoot someone with junkrat gun.

Im fully convinced yall just read resetera and ign and dont play games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:russ: Just know that both Apex Legends and Overwatch were also deemed woke. They literally used to called Overwatch “Tumblrwatch” lol. And was saying that Apex Legends was “white genocide” for its lack of white male characters. The usual suspects were also mad about the lbgt representation. So why did those games succeed while Concord failed?

Which one of those games had to remove their “Gay” tags??? :ohhh: