Is Concord the biggest flop of this generation? ($400M Budget, Shut Down after One Week)

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Sony might be making history with this one.

sv62D2E.png

UrTNXUZ.png

sMBDMNM.png

I knew this game was DOA but lord have mercy. How is this even possible? :picard:

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Endless ocean on switch this year sold like 10 copies

Princess peach showtime flopped too. People just don’t care about most nintendo games without mario in it :yeshrug:
I asked a question and you run in here deflecting, throwing a fanboy temper tantrum, and posting false sales info? :why:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I showed my co-worker Concord and he didn't even know about it. I showed him the first reveal trailer and he thought it was a story based game.

The first reveal and ACTUAL game was just a stupid idea imo.
Why the fukk you waste all this time making beautiful cinematics for a reveal+ in game scenes only to have the game be a basic 5v5 PvP game with LESS content comparable to "tacked on" MP shooters from last gen?

Example:
Here's a simple "Tacked on MP" game in Uncharted 3, a game that came out in 2011.

11+1 game modes at launch
17Kf8ns.png

11 maps.

Unlockables in guns, character skins and customization, a coop PVE mode and there's a good amount of stuff to unlock. It's also very fun to play.

Concord for $40 has 12 maps, with 6 game modes and barebones progression systems. The game suffers from a lack of content. The number of free gunners is fine, it just should've had something PVE related in the game to go with the cinematics and a better progression system.

Hell, Uncharted 2's MP modes had more content.

Last edited:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
On steam? Yea. Need to see some PS5 numbers before I can say anything else.

These games need single player components. This games hook was supposed to be diverse characters, but no story modes to flesh them out?

Destiny isn't Destiny cause of competitive multiplayer. You'd think ex-bungie developers would understand that.

Honestly, I'm glad a single player game showed up and stomped this out. We need more single player non MTX games.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
On steam? Yea. Need to see some PS5 numbers before I can say anything else.

These games need single player components. This games hook was supposed to be diverse characters, but no story modes to flesh them out?

Destiny isn't Destiny cause of competitive multiplayer. You'd think ex-bungie developers would understand that.

Honestly, I'm glad a single player game showed up and stomped this out. We need more single player non MTX games.
Sony needs more multiplayer games