Is Comcast Trying to Play Me?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So one of their reps hit me up today talking about how my promotional price was ending in September. Right now I have just internet for 29.99. I get like 20mbs down most of the time. All my streaming is in HD and all that.

So the rep tells me that for 10 bucks more I can get a faster net package and basic cable in all my rooms.

:wtb:

I'm like, "well I'll have to see what all the charges will add up to before I decide." Then she says, I wouldn't have to pay anything but the 40 bucks and I'd be set for every house in the room... and that there's no HD fee on the boxes.

:aicmon:

Is this some bullshyt brehs?

teacher

All Star
Daps
As long as they aren't making you sign a contract try it out what do you have to lose :manny:

ExpensiveThrillz

Head In The Cloudz
Daps
Reppin
The Free & The Uplifted
BABY DON'T DO IT!!

ima comcast customer as of nov 2011 and i had that internet promo shyt for $30 and they bumped it up twice since...like $55 total....and then when i called to ask about why my f'in bill was $68 this month they was like well looks like they upgraded you to performance internet and added some cable shyt to my bill....basically i cursed them the fukk out cuz i dont watch tv and made them credit my account for the confusion/lies/bullshyt on the promo terms and conditions and also downgraded to the internet package thats below their performance package...and ya know what...so far so flipping good....

i have a small 1 bedroom apartment...i stream media via my ps3 and roku and my laptop, ipods, nook, printer are wireless....and i play multiplayer ALL of the time on PS3 and my net doesnt have any issues since i downgraded...and im pretty sure its like $35 per month

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
BABY DON'T DO IT!!

ima comcast customer as of nov 2011 and i had that internet promo shyt for $30 and they bumped it up twice since...like $55 total....and then when i called to ask about why my f'in bill was $68 this month they was like well looks like they upgraded you to performance internet and added some cable shyt to my bill....basically i cursed them the fukk out cuz i dont watch tv and made them credit my account for the confusion/lies/bullshyt on the promo terms and conditions and also downgraded to the internet package thats below their performance package...and ya know what...so far so flipping good....

i have a small 1 bedroom apartment...i stream media via my ps3 and roku and my laptop, ipods, nook, printer are wireless....and i play multiplayer ALL of the time on PS3 and my net doesnt have any issues since i downgraded...and im pretty sure its like $35 per month

Yeah, me too. I have hella devices to stream shyt in every room.

But if it's 40 for basic cable and faster net?...

:manny:

I have until September to call em and say if I want to cancel or not.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
maybe not, Comcast gives you a discount on the internet if you also have at least basic cable. what would happen is, they give you a box for your main room, plus adapters in your other rooms to allow them to get the basic channels as well.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well I was peeping slickdeals and it looks like they are offering the Blast package for the same price that I'm paying 29.99 for 6 months and the Performance package for 19...

I'm about to just switch to that. I don't really need to add cable since I already have a working line with their local channels coming in the house. I talked to them yesterday and the package I would be upgrading to doesn't even have TNT :scusthov:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just got the Blast upgraded for the 29.99 :takedat:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not sure if it's a fluke. Putting it in a spoiler just in case it works for others so non-Coli people can't see and eventually alert Comcast.

Online through their regular web interface, I was able to downgrade my current package to the exact same package but at the promotional new customer pricing. I'm paying around a third of what I was paying before:

bSuF2UZ.png

Locked in this new rate for a year. I didn't do anything special. I just clicked on Change Plan & downgraded