Is afrobeats (basically african answer to dancehall) gettin any play in the US yet?

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
shyt like this is too wavy brehs. You cant imagine bytches vibin to this kinda sh*t?

Wizkid - Tease Me (Watch More on www.TruAfrica.com) - YouTube

:mj: I know bad guys, that know other guys :pachaha:

In the UK this sh*t is blowin the fukk up. Yeezy peeped game and signed the boy D'banj and his Good Music debut single is doing very well.

Last edited by a moderator:

emoney

custom user title
Daps
nah don't think so

In Western Europe, the continental African diaspora is larger than in North America

Ndiema

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Nairobbery +254
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17vC8qZILJE]P Square Ft Akon & May D - Chop My Money [Official video] - YouTube[/ame]

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is garbage, at least copy dancehall when it was good, not this dumb autotune dancehall ish

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
This is garbage, at least copy dancehall when it was good, not this dumb autotune dancehall ish

Thats just one artist who really fukks with auto tune like that. I think he uses it well tho

Anyway.. some more piff

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and when was that?

80s-90s to early 00s. It's like the same gimmick dancehall have now, what's so different between this and regular old dancehall? What's next they gonna copy soca and chutney?

Black smoke and cac jokes

Your daps are mine
Daps
first of all soca is a derivative from African beach music...

and people use the same argument for any fukkin genre, it was so much better before. Well, dancehall has always been about the riddim and the rhythmic flow used when singing. Sure, autotune can get pretty redundant but dancehall has never been like reggae where political and social awareness is the most appreciable.

Instead, dancehall has always been about partying and enjoying the drum pattern more than the singing....