Iphone cracked front screen and cracked back issue

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
basically i was sitting at a computer dropped my shyt on the floor and that shyt cracked then i backed the chair up to look for it and ended up rolling over it slightly screen is fukked up and the back is cracked

heard they was out here bricking phones if u got it fixed by a 3rd party
was gonna ask if anyone here fixes phones and is that shyt really gon brick
cause if i take this shyt to apple i know they gon charge me like 300 cause the camera go a little crack over it too :snoop:
is it just better to cop a new phone ?
Third-party iPhone 8 screen repairs reportedly bricking devices with iOS 11.3

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Don't you have warranty service.

Pay the price. It's gonna be alright.

You live in New York?

Shouldn't be hard to find someone doing repair

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
basically i was sitting at a computer dropped my shyt on the floor and that shyt cracked then i backed the chair up to look for it and ended up rolling over it slightly screen is fukked up and the back is cracked

heard they was out here bricking phones if u got it fixed by a 3rd party
was gonna ask if anyone here fixes phones and is that shyt really gon brick
cause if i take this shyt to apple i know they gon charge me like 300 cause the camera go a little crack over it too :snoop:
is it just better to cop a new phone ?
Third-party iPhone 8 screen repairs reportedly bricking devices with iOS 11.3
That’s why stuck with my iPhone 7. fukk the 8 and the x is too small/wrong aspect ratio.

You don’t have insurance? It’s like $175

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't you have warranty service.

Pay the price. It's gonna be alright.

You live in New York?

Shouldn't be hard to find someone doing repair
You gotta make sure they using official parts tho. A lot of repair spots be using aftermarket screens and shyt. Phone won’t function like it did if they put a fake screen or Touch ID button on your phone

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
You gotta make sure they using official parts tho. A lot of repair spots be using aftermarket screens and shyt. Phone won’t function like it did if they put a fake screen or Touch ID button on your phone
We'll pay the price and get it done right.

Only reason I would take it to a repair guy is because I don't want to refavorite all ofy songs

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Just sell it in craigsist and get a trac phone till then , then you could buy a new one

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Hope you have AppleCare.

If you do, take the phone to the Apple Store and have them do it right simple and olain

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
JordanWearinThe45 said:

If you replace the screen, you just use the same Home Button from the cracked one. As far as the aftermarket screens, no noticeable difference unless the person repairing the screen doesn't know WTF they're doing and/or doesn't have the right tools to disassemble the screen from the base.

This only applies to the iPhones from 5 series to 7 series.

8's & 10's you'd be better off using Apple Care for the 2 accidental repairs or you'll end-up buying a new phone off Craigslist/Ebay/Amazon/etc.​

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Dropped my X on some drunk shyt in new Orleans last month... Cracked the back... Did some research and they're talking bout Apple is charging $550 to repair it :damn:

Have the carrier insurance on it but the deductible is like $225... I'm standing pat until it's time to trade this hoe in​

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you replace the screen, you just use the same Home Button from the cracked one. As far as the aftermarket screens, no noticeable difference unless the person repairing the screen doesn't know WTF they're doing and/or doesn't have the right tools to disassemble the screen from the base.

This only applies to the iPhones from 5 series to 7 series.

8's & 10's you'd be better off using Apple Care for the 2 accidental repairs or you'll end-up buying a new phone off Craigslist/Ebay/Amazon/etc.​
Nah. I got finessed before and got a aftermarket screen. The picture quality was noticeably ass, the screen was a little thicker and force touch turned janky.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
If you paid for it with your credit card, you may be able to file a claim and they'll pay for the repair.