IPHONE 6 error question..

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
my wife has started getting this "accessory may not be supported" message on her phone when she plugs in her charger. the shyt just started. not a 3rd party charger, got it from the apple store. I googled the issue and a lot of people have been complaining about this issue. has anyone else experienced this problem and is there a solution? I called apple and they said start by cleaning the charging port with a toothpick smh or bring the phone in for a diagnostic check. I aint paying them for that shyt. if we use a secondary charger and it charges, then we know its the charger. if it does the same thing with a secondary charger, its the phone. is there a fix. also, we are on tmobile and im not paying a shytload of money for a new phone. anyone got any recommendations? I see some phones on best buy

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
my wife has started getting this "accessory may not be supported" message on her phone when she plugs in her charger. the shyt just started. not a 3rd party charger, got it from the apple store. I googled the issue and a lot of people have been complaining about this issue. has anyone else experienced this problem and is there a solution? I called apple and they said start by cleaning the charging port with a toothpick smh or bring the phone in for a diagnostic check. I aint paying them for that shyt. if we use a secondary charger and it charges, then we know its the charger. if it does the same thing with a secondary charger, its the phone. is there a fix. also, we are on tmobile and im not paying a shytload of money for a new phone. anyone got any recommendations? I see some phones on best buy
It usually is just the charger. If not, I dont think a port replacement would cost too much. But since its an iPhone 6, a port replacement may be near the current market value of the phone.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
It usually is just the charger. If not, I dont think a port replacement would cost too much. But since its an iPhone 6, a port replacement may be near the current market value of the phone.
she went to tmobile and tried another charger. did the same thing. she is on her way to the mac store. everytime she has an iPhone, that shyt has problems. ive had my Note 4 for a long ass time and ive never had ONE damn problem out of it

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
she went to tmobile and tried another charger. did the same thing. she is on her way to the mac store. everytime she has an iPhone, that shyt has problems. ive had my Note 4 for a long ass time and ive never had ONE damn problem out of it
It can go either way breh. I have seen NUMEROUS Samsung usb ports go bad due to the crappy design of microUSB. USB-C ftw
Apple aint gonna do shyt but tell her to upgrade or get a replacement 6. They dont usually replace individual components besides the screen and maybe speaker/mics

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It can go either way breh. I have seen NUMEROUS Samsung usb ports go bad due to the crappy design of microUSB. USB-C ftw
Apple aint gonna do shyt but tell her to upgrade or get a replacement 6. They dont usually replace individual components besides the screen and maybe speaker/mics
They just telling her to throw money away then.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They just telling her to throw money away then.
It happens. Nothing lasts forever. Some items of the same line last longer than others. An iphone 6 isnt worth much over $150, which is how much some repairs may cost. At some point its just time to get a new device :manny:

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
It happens. Nothing lasts forever. Some items of the same line last longer than others. An iphone 6 isnt worth much over $150, which is how much some repairs may cost. At some point its just time to get a new device :manny:
diagnostic is 20, new battery is 70. new battery isn't a guarantee it will fix it though. might be a firmware issue

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
diagnostic is 20, new battery is 70. new battery isn't a guarantee it will fix it though. might be a firmware issue
Sounds like its a port issue IMO, but best to replace the battery at the same time since its up to 5 years old at this point

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Can't hurt to try cleaning the port out with a toothpick and a little rubbing alcohol.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G