jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Bumping...

Does anyone do IF here? I can’t be the only one :dwillhuh:
did it for a few years.

Learned that its not magic like so many claim.

I do feel better eating light during the day...
...but there are times during the fast that I lost energy because I needed some food.

So now I just keep it basic during the day w/ plain Yogurt/fruit...maybe a pb & jelly sandwich.

My body look much better (and I have more energy) counting calories and eating when I want vs just Intermittent fasting

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
did it for a few years.

Learned that its not magic like so many claim.

I do feel better eating light during the day...
...but there are times during the fast that I lost energy because I needed some food.

So now I just keep it basic during the day w/ plain Yogurt/fruit...maybe a pb & jelly sandwich.

My body look much better (and I have more energy) counting calories and eating when I want vs just Intermittent fasting

That makes sense. For me it’s almost the opposite. Maybe because I’m a woman and our digestion is often slower. Idk... Well mine is slow af and I get bloated and sluggish easy. I’ve been doing it on and off for a couple of years, but got really serious last year and haven’t stopped. I sporadically work out but haven’t found anything that I would do consistently.

When I was eating for a longer period of time during the day (often regardless of what I ate) I often woke up with a stomach ache or something. Like food “sitting” in my stomach doesn’t do well for me or something. As I got older I realized my GI shyt is changing and I needed to tighten up. I’ve learned that I have more energy eating in a shorter window (6hrs or so) compared to a longer one. During my window I try to eat a fair amount of protein, veggies, good carbs, etc to hold me over once my window closes.

Strangely this has been working for me without issues. Everyone’s body is different though. I’m glad you tried it and modified to what works best for you.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
That makes sense. For me it’s almost the opposite. Maybe because I’m a woman and our digestion is often slower. Idk... Well mine is slow af and I get bloated and sluggish easy. I’ve been doing it on and off for a couple of years, but got really serious last year and haven’t stopped. I sporadically work out but haven’t found anything that I would do consistently.

When I was eating for a longer period of time during the day (often regardless of what I ate) I often woke up with a stomach ache or something. Like food “sitting” in my stomach doesn’t do well for me or something. As I got older I realized my GI shyt is changing and I needed to tighten up. I’ve learned that I have more energy eating in a shorter window (6hrs or so) compared to a longer one. During my window I try to eat a fair amount of protein, veggies, good carbs, etc to hold me over once my window closes.

Strangely this has been working for me without issues. Everyone’s body is different though. I’m glad you tried it and modified to what works best for you.
It’s actually a funny thing. Eating in a time restricted window seems to have a lot of big picture health benefits. That said that’s kind of deep and the weeds and for a lot of people not practical. As I generally understand it. Anything beyond water starts the clock for lack of a better term.

The flip side is that that some people think IF is magic from a fat loss perspective when the reality is that it’s just most likely eating less calories. It’s a great tool but people shouldn’t make drastic changes to accommodate it IMO.

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It’s actually a funny thing. Eating in a time restricted window seems to have a lot of big picture health benefits. That said that’s kind of deep and the weeds and for a lot of people not practical. As I generally understand it. Anything beyond water starts the clock for lack of a better term.

The flip side is that that some people think IF is magic from a fat loss perspective when the reality is that it’s just most likely eating less calories. It’s a great tool but people shouldn’t make drastic changes to accommodate it IMO.

I definitely agree. I think most see it as a “lose weight quick” thing when it’s simply mathematics :pachaha:eating less is of course going to Help you lose weight. The issue comes in when folks may have had some success and start slacking. Like you said.. anything outside of water restarts the clock. And many don’t know how to maintain weight loss because of poor eating habits anyway regardless of how the weight comes off. I see IF more like a lifestyle that allows me to be very mindful of what I’m eating since I have less time to do so. If that makes sense.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I definitely agree. I think most see it as a “lose weight quick” thing when it’s simply mathematics :pachaha:eating less is of course going to Help you lose weight. The issue comes in when folks may have had some success and start slacking. Like you said.. anything outside of water restarts the clock. And many don’t know how to maintain weight loss because of poor eating habits anyway regardless of how the weight comes off. I see IF more like a lifestyle that allows me to be very mindful of what I’m eating since I have less time to do so. If that makes sense.
Yep. I actually tend to do it on weekends by circumstance. Today I didn’t need hit the gym until late so my first meal was at 2ish and my last was at 6ish.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I started off doing the basic 16:8 then moved to 20:4 and now simply because I'm not hungry I do OMAD. I don't shoot for a 23:1 because my meal times vary. As long as I go at least 16 hours fasting I'm happy with that. Today will be the 1st time in a few months that I will eat twice in one day.