Installing security cameras

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
I recently installed a Wisenet security system on my house where I can view on my phone or PC etc plus get motion sensor warnings. I am looking to add 2 wireless cameras but not too proficient at setting them up with the IP addresses etc. If there is anyone that has a wireless security system or security system that can chime in on some advice or point me in right direction I would appreciate it. I am also looking into cloud storage , preferably free for camera footage. Thanks in advance

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Shook. :skip:

Can't speak on brands but cover ur entry points so u can at the least see who's coming in. That's inside and outside big fella :usure:

You will need multiple points to hold your data. Perhaps an email alert and internal storage in the camera

Or internal storage with the cameras tied to a controller that has storage built into it.

Either way you want multiple places to store your captures, one if those places being not in your house.

I'm sure there's a snapshot setting to only capture the movement of human beings .

When it's not set correctly u get to many spam alerts from the trees moving in the wind.

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Follow the instructions that comes with the camera . You will probably have to download an app then pair it with your wifi skeets

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Some people have to call or email customer service to get their camera systems connected. It depends on what company you're buying them from, because it can get a little complicated. I bought my eight outdoor cameras system with a NVR, and connected it through WIFI. But it's best to have you cameras connected to the NVR by Ethernet for a stronger connection, since each camera antenna will be outside the house. I don't have my camera system connected to any cloud storage right now. I'm sure having your cameras connected to a cloud through WIFI, is better than having them connected to a NVR through WIFI. I bought my camera system with the NVR so I wouldn't have to pay a monthly monitoring fee.

As you know, although they call these "wireless cameras", each camera still have to be plugged into some kind of socket to get electricity. With that said, although you can have your cameras hooked up through an outdoor socket, you'll eventually want to run those wires behind the camera and through the outdoor wall, up to the roof, and into the attic. Then you can plug each wire into a multi outlet socket in your attic, instead of leaving each camera plugged into an outdoor outlet, with the wires exposed, where a thief could easily cut the wires or unplug them from the socket.

But whoever you buy from, it's best to research and make sure their camera system, especially their outdoor cameras, have a good mobile app. Not all of them have a reliable mobile app for remote locations, like my camera company don't, and sometimes I can't get all my cameras connected. However their software they sent me to download on Windows seems to work okay on my computer for the most part. But I'd like to have that consistency for my mobile phone too.

Last edited: