Infinity War is about to hit a Billi in 1 week

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Avengers: Infinity War’ Zooms To $726M Global Box Office; $1B Eyed Through Friday
  • Nancy Tartaglione
    May 1, 2018 10:42AM PDT

infinitywar5ac2dbc3bff5c.jpg

Disney
UPDATE, WRITETHRU: Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War has blasted past the $700M global mark with $725.5M through Monday. We can expect milestones to continue to fall throughout this week: $800M should hit with today’s numbers added, and $1B worldwide is coming this weekend — possibly through Friday which would be 10 days in release. Anything under 12 days to $1B would see Infinity War become the fastest movie to the benchmark, taking a light saber to Star Wars: The Force Awakens which currently holds the record.

RELATED
Helen Mirren, Danny DeVito Join Voice Cast Of Disney's 'The One and Only Ivan'

After six days in release at the international box office, the offshore total is $443.1M. IW is currently supercharging 67% ahead of Captain America: Civil Warand 58% above Avengers: Age Of Ultronoverseas. Domestically, the Anthony and Joe Russo juggernaut is at $282.4M.

The offshore Monday was worth $60.3M in 52 material markets. That’s 19% of the opening weekend and is 2% above the first Monday for The Force Awakens back during the 2015 Christmas season. In many hubs on Monday (and again today), Thanos is taking advantage of the May Day holiday.

The UK continues to lead international markets with $45.5M, followed by Korea ($43.3M), Mexico ($30.8M), Australia ($24.9M), Brazil ($23.7M), India ($22.5M), France ($20.6M), Germany ($18.6M), the Philippines ($14M) and Italy ($13.4M).

Also on Monday, the Avengers‘ assembled worldwide gross passed the lifetimes of Captain America: The Winter Soldier($714M), Amazing Spider-Man 2 ($709M), Doctor Strange ($678M), Man Of Steel($668M), Justice League ($658M) and Thor: The Dark World ($645M). Over the weekend, it had already exceeded the entire runs of Iron Man 2, Logan, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger and The Incredible Hulk.

15 Comments
SHARE THIS

Fastest billi box office ever?

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I looked it up and this is going to be the fastest to a billion by at least 4 or 5 days :whew:

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
The way infinity war making money hand over fist makes me feel like we are in for QUITE a treat in the next few years.

Gone are the super hero movies of yester year. Ever since civil war, marvel has been dropping incredible film after film. When xmen and fantastic 4 come back... galactus. Days of future past. Age of apocalypse. Silver surfer. Doom taking over the universe.

They should introduce doom in dr strange so that by time fantastic 4 comes around his sorcery anf backstory can already be eastablished n not rushed/glossed over.

Infinity war was a fukking event man. And avengers 4 is gonna be just as big. Marvel is seeing that tue fans want the real stories or atleast close to them. This thing is REVOLUTIONIZING the film industry in a way that hasnt been seen in decades.

If fox owned the avengers wed never get that soul stone scene or a thanos portrayed like this. I love you feige.

Make mine MARVEL

EXCELSIOR!

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The way infinity war making money hand over fist makes me feel like we are in for QUITE a treat in the next few years.

Gone are the super hero movies of yester year. Ever since civil war, marvel has been dropping incredible film after film. When xmen and fantastic 4 come back... galactus. Days of future past. Age of apocalypse. Silver surfer. Doom taking over the universe.

They should introduce doom in dr strange so that by time fantastic 4 comes around his sorcery anf backstory can already be eastablished n not rushed/glossed over.

Infinity war was a fukking event man. And avengers 4 is gonna be just as big. Marvel is seeing that tue fans want the real stories or atleast close to them. This thing is REVOLUTIONIZING the film industry in a way that hasnt been seen in decades.

If fox owned the avengers wed never get that soul stone scene or a thanos portrayed like this. I love you feige.

Make mine MARVEL

EXCELSIOR!
You ain't never lied breh. :wow:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Make mine MARVEL

EXCELSIOR!

I dunno about not getting the soul stone scene... Fox has killed characters.

The thing that has impressed me the most with the MCU is the patience and execution. And making people go out in droves for the average to weed plate joints.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique

The thing that has impressed me the most with the MCU is the patience and execution. And making people go out in droves for the average to weed plate joints.
Im talking about the guest appearance in the scene not what happens.

They dont give good suprises like that. We get “im the jugganaut bytch” and teasin costumes well never see. We only gettin that real piff from marvel

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.

I'm just impressed by the fact that they realized they needed to dig in the crates and pull out Guardians and Antman types of characters. They could have easily just played it safe and had 5 iron man movies, 7 cap movies, 5 thor movies, etc...I really want DC to get their shyt together for the sake of competition. But salute to Marvel, we in the middle of a great run.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Im talking about the guest appearance in the scene not what happens.

They dont give good suprises like that. We get “im the jugganaut bytch” and teasin costumes well never see. We only gettin that real piff from marvel

All the Fox joints weren't trash just like all of the MCU joints weren't good. The thing I don't like with Fox is their lack of character development and going overboard pushing characters that shouldn't be.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Disney swimming in money like my man Scrooge McDuck. A billi plus from BP, another billi from Infinity War, Solo on deck :wow: