Indy Fans: "He's a flopper"

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I guess most of you saw/heard Indy fans getting on Wade's case in Game 6 ...

Now regardless of allegiances and on how we feel about this of that player (I'm a noted Heat-hater), I think we can all appreciate the fact that the anti-flopping movement is gaining steam. I think it's really time we get away from this because some guys (LeBron, Wade, CP3, Griffin...but also guys like Amare and Kobe, especially with the "offensive drawing a foul flop") have too much talent to be flopping out there. They don't need it. Seems Bron's been flopping less lately, and that happened just as he stepped his game up. That' what I want to see from players, even those I don't support: if the Heat win without flopping, I have no choice but to respect them (Just like I respected the Bulls even though I've always been a Knicks fan). As long as teams win flopping, no can do. I just think it takes so much away from the game, hell i've been watching way less games this year because it just pisses me off. Flopping should come under the "respect for the game" rules. Thankfully guys like Van Gundy or the #stoptheflop thing at ESPN are calling out players, maybe it will help the game.

End of rant. :manny:

Last edited by a moderator:

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
just cacks being cacks. :manny:
If some of those fat, gmo-eating, cornfield-living, rhesus monkey gremlins, were to take hits at 50% of the power that some of the NBA players took, they'd be calling off work at their sit-on-your-ass call center jawbs. Fukk em.

Flopping is problem, but it'll fix itself.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I don't like flopping either, but it's gamesmanship. It's not the players' faults that the refs are ill-prepared to distinguish a flop from a legit charge in such a split-second fashion (and without a clear mandate, it's almost impossible for the refs to legislate same without the human error factor pissing somebody off).

IMO, you can't "do away" with flopping if there's no set rule against it. In other words, it will be virtually impossible to regulate/monitor/police flopping if there's no clear-cut "letter-of-the-law" violation which is outlined against its use. At that point it's purely a ref's discretion, and we already see how that's working right now.

I mean, folks can call out and disparage players for it all they want, but if the player doesn't care about such fan impugnity, and there's no rule against what they're doing, they're going to continue. It's misguided to think players care about fan respect when they're trying to win games....especially when, if they DON'T employ every tactic of gamesmanship that they can in order to secure a win, the fans criticize them ANYWAY.

But again....in premise, I agree with you. I always wanted to smack the crap outta Vlade.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I don't like flopping either, but it's gamesmanship. It's not the players' faults that the refs are ill-prepared to distinguish a flop from a legit charge in such a split-second fashion (and without a clear mandate, it's almost impossible for the refs to legislate same without the human error factor pissing somebody off).

IMO, you can't "do away" with flopping if there's no set rule against it. In other words, it will be virtually impossible to regulate/monitor/police flopping if there's no clear-cut "letter-of-the-law" violation which is outlined against its use. At that point it's purely a ref's discretion, and we already see how that's working right now.

I mean, folks can call out and disparage players for it all they want, but if the player doesn't care about such fan impugnity, and there's no rule against what they're doing, they're going to continue. It's misguided to think players care about fan respect when they're trying to win games....especially when, if they DON'T employ every tactic of gamesmanship that they can in order to secure a win, the fans criticize them ANYWAY.

But again....in premise, I agree with you. I always wanted to smack the crap outta Vlade.

Yeah I know that it comes from players taking advantage of certain loopholes in terms of what the refs can call, but I think that as more fans/commentators voice their opinion against it, the league will consider attacking the issue. If no one complains about it, no need for it to change. I must admit being a little naive in thinking that all-world players would have more pride that to use these tactics, but I know that's wishful thinking in the era of
paulf.gif

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Yeah I know that it comes from players taking advantage of certain loopholes in terms of what the refs can call, but I think that as more fans/commentators voice their opinion against it, the league will consider attacking the issue. If no one complains about it, no need for it to change. I must admit being a little naive in thinking that all-world players would have more pride that to use these tactics, but I know that's wishful thinking in the era of
paulf.gif

same here breh

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
just cacks being cacks. :manny:
If some of those fat, gmo-eating, cornfield-living, rhesus monkey gremlins, were to take hits at 50% of the power that some of the NBA players took, they'd be calling off work at their sit-on-your-ass call center jawbs. Fukk em.

Flopping is problem, but it'll fix itself.
worst. poster. ever.

fantabolous

smart usage of data plan
Daps
Reppin
The 313

It's misguided to think players care about fan respect when they're trying to win games....especially when, if they DON'T employ every tactic of gamesmanship that they can in order to secure a win, the fans criticize them ANYWAY.

dead on... the problem is if you make a rule outlawing flopping, it still becomes a discretionary call, and now there's gonna be missed flop calls, and it'll still be a gamble to see if the player can get away with it.

flopping is just unfortunately part of the game, its a "fake" used to gain an advantage.

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Didn't flop once during the series. Dropped 41 and made some fakkit cacs mad.

Sounds like a win to me :win: