Indiana Jones And The Great Circle | PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PC | Dec 9 2024

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
shyt look booty. Uncharted took it's style and ran with it. I prefer the high octane, action packed Uncharted set piece gameplay with great characters, story and writing over this boring ass puzzle game with some action. Meh.

Uncharted is overrated.

Cutscene, a bunch of guys come. Mindless shooting

Hell Tomb Raider is better than Uncharted.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I figured it would be like Uncharted :ehh:
shyt look booty. Uncharted took it's style and ran with it. I prefer the high octane, action packed Uncharted set piece gameplay with great characters, story and writing over this boring ass puzzle game with some action. Meh.

My bad i forgot to link the article…

Indiana Jones And The Great Circle Is Less Focused On Action Than We Thought​

But other previewers also described how the demo made action secondary and instead prioritised emphasising the Indiana of it all. For example, instead of doing the action hero thing and storming a Nazi camp, Indiana puts on a disguise to gain access, and more generally uses his brain instead of his fists.

The Great Circle Has Puzzles On Puzzles​

An Inverse interview with game director Jerk Gustafsson reveals that the studio made a conscious effort to make gunplay secondary to the rest of the game. He said, “We know that we can do [shooting] well, so it's never something that would ever concern us. We know that we can get that right. So very early on, we did this pie chart with different types of experiences. Everything from stuff like hand-to-hand, navigation, and traversal. We started our focus on those things that we knew were going to be challenging, especially in first-person.”

In a separate interview, Gustafsson revealed that there would be quite a lot of puzzles, and not just easy ones that players can breeze through – “Those [players] that are looking for puzzles that can be hard to solve, they will find them.” Some of the very difficult ones will be optional, it seems, and while it’s not clear exactly what kind of puzzles the larger game will face, previewers described solving a puzzle in the Great Sphinx of Giza by snapping photos to collect clues.

It looks like The Great Circle won’t be just brute force and speedy whipping, it’ll make us use our brains like Indy does – after all, the iconic character spends quite a lot of time solving environmental puzzles and avoiding booby traps in his quests to obtain various relics. That alone is already more than I expected. Lord help me, I’m putting my fedora on.

its probably a better choice because playing a action heavy game like uncharted or tomb raider with a bunch of set pieces in first person wouldn’t be that fun

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Uncharted is overrated.

Looks like you’ll get what you want with this game then

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Uncharted is overrated.

foRVQF8.gif

VKpATq6.gif

uh2W7Nl.gif

xjvVpMF.gif

You crazy as hell lol!

Please, Tomb Raider is garbage compared to this. Way better gameplay, set pieces, characters, dialogue and story. ROTR was horrible. Weapons sounds were garbage, aiming was booty, writing was laughable. Gun to my head I cannot remember a single character or line in a Tomb Raider game.

The Nepal chapter in UC2 alone has more character and personality than the entire series.

This game still looks better than current gen Indiana Jones. A PS4 game lol.

Last edited:

Veteran
Daps
foRVQF8.gif

uh2W7Nl.gif

xjvVpMF.gif

Please, Tomb Raider is garbage compared to this. Way better gameplay, set pieces, characters, dialogue and story. ROTR was horrible. Weapons sounds were garbage, aiming was booty, writing was laughable. You crazy as hell.

If you like mindless COD action, then yeah. Every game plays like that nowadays.

If I'm playing an Explorer with a PHD in Archeology, I want to feel like one and have to think like one. A different type of game. Tomb Raider did that to a certain extent. I'm hoping Indiana Jones is even more puzzle solving with rewards and upgrades.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you like mindless COD action, then yeah. Every game plays like that nowadays.

If I'm playing an Explorer with a PHD in Archeology, I want to feel like one and have to think like one. A different type of game. Tomb Raider did that to a certain extent. I'm hoping Indiana Jones is even more puzzle solving with rewards and upgrades.
Have you played an Uncharted game before just curious? Because UC4 was far from mindless action, there was lots of moments where the game was slow with exposition and exploring/puzzles than what you're inferring here. Heck, UC4's pacing was due to this. Exploring and puzzles with less action but when the action came it was crazy.

hq720.jpg

matt-morgan-u4-ope-04-mmorgan.jpg

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
My bad i forgot to link the article…

Indiana Jones And The Great Circle Is Less Focused On Action Than We Thought​

The Great Circle Has Puzzles On Puzzles​

its probably a better choice because playing a action heavy game like uncharted or tomb raider with a bunch of set pieces in first person wouldn’t be that fun
Wait hold the fukk up, this gone be first person? :mjtf:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Have you played an Uncharted game before just curious? Because UC4 was far from mindless action, there was lots of moments where the game was slow with exposition and exploring/puzzles than what you're inferring here. Heck, UC4's pacing was due to this. Exploring and puzzles with less action but when the action came it was crazy.

hq720.jpg

matt-morgan-u4-ope-04-mmorgan.jpg

How the fukk does this game still look this good? :dahell:

Veteran
Daps

Yeah I played Uncharted 4.

It was overrated. About 2 hours in I was predicting what was gonna happen next. Not to mention it was linear. If you can predict what happens next in a game, it's not really great.

Tomb Raider was actually better from a puzzle solving and exploration view point.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I played Uncharted 4.

It was overrated. About 2 hours in I was predicting what was gonna happen next. Not to mention it was linear. If you can predict what happens next in a game, it's not really great.

Tomb Raider was actually better from a puzzle solving and exploration view point.
So you beat the whole game predicting every story beat? Lol okay man.

YuBBA6d.png
They overrated the shyt out of this entire franchise looks like.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
That would actually make for a great game. :patrice: Somebody call Neil Druckmann
Gonna need a Team of ados consultants. This isn't one of those ones the white man can pull off by himself and I wouldn't even want them to try. Bunch of caricatured black voices and dialogue. No thanks. Written by Aaron Mcgruder, Jordan Peele and Nate Parker

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Gonna need a Team of ados consultants. This isn't one of those ones the white man can pull off by himself and I wouldn't even want them to try. Bunch of caricatured black voices and dialogue. No thanks. Written by Aaron Mcgruder, Jordan Peele and Nate Parker

image.jpg