In The Summer of 1992 in Los Angeles (8 Weeks) There Were 517 Murders

Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
Rocked by gang violence, civil unrest and a proliferation of lethal weapons, 1992 was the deadliest year in Los Angeles history, officials said Monday.

Last year's 2,589 homicides, based on a tally by the Los Angeles coroner's office, was up about 8% from the year before and represented enough slain people to fill the downtown Ahmanson Theatre to more than capacity. Authorities, however, were not entirely surprised by the numbers, which had been foreshadowed by a summer so bloody it set records of its own, with 517 murders in July and August alone.

take that Chicago :umad:

SEC Hater

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not that I give a fukk about which city has the most murders, but I wish fakkits would stop posting Los Angeles COUNTY numbers and post the actual CITY of Los Angeles numbers

SEC Hater

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
85% of those murders occurred in the CITY of Los Angeles :umad:

:ufdup:

Homicides in 1992 Set Record for L.A. County : Violence: 2,589 killings in 1992 represent an 8% rise over previous year. Cultural changes and accessibility of guns cited as factors. - Los Angeles Times

Among other things, authorities said, the toll reflects unprecedented mayhem in the city of Los Angeles--where 1,063 people were slain through Dec. 21. That figure was well above the total for 1991.

Murder Rate In Los Angeles Drops To 1967 Levels: LAist

As of Sunday afternoon, LAPD counted 291 homicides in 2010 -- a statistic that shows homicides dropping by approximately 75% from 1992 when 1,092 people were killed during the crack cocaine epidemic and in gang violence, and dropping one-third since 2007

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I find it crazy how nyygaz be lowkey braggin about their cities high murder rate. "Yo city ain't as hard as my city bcuz we got more bodies" Fucc outta here with that shhyt! I got family in LA. And I personally lost relatives and family friends behind bullshhyt. A lot of y'all nyggaz have not really been face to face with the realities of gang violence. And dealin with the residual effects of it.. that shhyt ain't cool at all. I done had relatives and friends get smoked and the family is so dam poor and broke that they don't even have the money to bury the nygga. Families be havin fundraisers and cookouts just to raise money to get a casket and have a funeral.

I've been to funerals where mamas and granmamas had nervous breakdowns/heart attacks screamin histerically over their sons casket. And the dam paramedics had to come up to the gat damn funeral. All kind of crazy shhyt like that. Babies gettin shot & killed. A lot of y'all nyggaz just see this shhyt on tv and ain't never lived in a fuccin warzone ad had to deal with real shhhyt. So when I see somebody "braggin" about how many bodies their city got. That shhyt disturbs me and I kno the nyggaz whoo say that shhyt ain't really in the streets like that anyway.:pacspit:

• Dap
Reactions: YBE
Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
I find it crazy how nyygaz be lowkey braggin about their cities high murder rate. "Yo city ain't as hard as my city bcuz we got more bodies" Fucc outta here with that shhyt! I got family in LA. And I personally lost relatives and family friends behind bullshhyt. A lot of y'all nyggaz have not really been face to face with the realities of gang violence. And dealin with the residual effects of it.. that shhyt ain't cool at all. I done had relatives and friends get smoked and the family is so dam poor and broke that they don't even have the money to bury the nygga. Families be havin fundraisers and cookouts just to raise money to get a casket and have a funeral.

I've been to funerals where mamas and granmamas had nervous breakdowns/heart attacks screamin histerically over their sons casket. And the dam paramedics had to come up to the gat damn funeral. All kind of crazy shhyt like that. Babies gettin shot & killed. A lot of y'all nyggaz just see this shhyt on tv and ain't never lived in a fuccin warzone ad had to deal with real shhhyt. So when I see somebody "braggin" about how many bodies their city got. That shhyt disturbs me and I kno the nyggaz whoo say that shhyt ain't really in the streets like that anyway.:pacspit:

blah blah blah, grew up in Watts in the early 90s and all my family is from Oakland :ufdup:

cut the preachin for someone who gives a fukk

YBE

Banned
Daps

Exactly. Seeing your peoples looking like a hollow shell is an image that stays in your head forever :wow: Anybody who brags about this shyt is a lame.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
blah blah blah, grew up in Watts in the early 90s and all my family is from Oakland :ufdup:

cut the preachin for someone who gives a fukk

Nygga I ain't preachin. I'm just callin nyggaz out for braggin about murder rates. And obviously u gave a fucc about my comment because u responded to it. What is your point?