Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
:hubie:

Permed out, take no shyt Bishop with a big ass gun was when he was at his best

They ruined Shang-Chi in the mcu, and gave him a swagless actor

I would have preferred him to be a foreigner, come to America, and be on some I'm here to kick ass shyt. Whole movie should have been more of a noir Kung fu flick

Even in the comics, they got him looking like a dweeb now

This post could have been, I just don't like it when they soften characters up because they want them to be more modern

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Falcon ain't shyt but a Black Man giving corny America speeches

Him being a former drug dealer was more interesting tbh

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I would have preferred him to be a foreigner, come to America, and be on some I'm here to kick ass shyt. Whole movie should have been more of a noir Kung fu flick

This post could have been, I just don't like it when they soften characters up because they want them to be more modern
Be careful what you wish for
Fuf_CWkWYAAvtuF.jpg:large

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Nah his run as Cap was actually great.
I liked his initial Cap run. And it made logical sense as progression for the character, as Steve had another LOA But more importantly, I liked how it wrapped up. He realized that the position is far too political, wrapped in BS, and he would never be appreciated. He said "fukk y'all. Y'all can have this ish. I'm out." And went back to doing his own thing.

It makes zero sense for his return to it. But he's still a boring character. They could've done a little more with him post-Cap to carry some of that momentum, but...

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

I don't think this generation of writers understand that era. Shang Chi, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Punisher...even Moon Knight, even though there's more leeway with him...but the noire, gritty exploitation essence of those characters are gone. Most of them haven't had a good series in over a decade, and the good series were still removed from what they should be.

Those still writing that style are far removed from those characters.