IMO, Truth Hurts' "Addictive" ft. Rakim has been the best song Aftermath has ever released

CrownHeights

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Truth could sing, Rakim came through w/ a classic verse and that Quik beat!:banderas:

giphy.gif

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was an under rated Era from aftermath. They were pumping out some unique shyt during that run.

I liked the song, but it was a generic record for its time. This came out on the heels of Tweet's "Call Me" and right around the time there were several songs with similar kinds of samples were in rotation. That's not to mention the drums were lidted straight off BT Express's "Do It Til You're Satisfied".

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I liked the song, but it was a generic record for its time. This came out on the heels of Tweet's "Call Me" and right around the time there were several songs with similar kinds of samples were in rotation. That's not to mention the drums were lidted straight off BT Express's "Do It Til You're Satisfied".

DAMN! U think it was too generic? :picard:

That shyt knocks my nikka! shyt still sound good to this day. :banderas:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DAMN! U think it was too generic? :picard:

That shyt knocks my nikka! shyt still sound good to this day. :banderas:

Not saying it doesn't knock or doesn't still sound good, but it wasn't unique at least not for it's time. This was the spring/summer that N.O.R.E's "Nothin" and Tweet's "Call Me" were hits and there might've been others with a sinilar sound that escape me right now.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Not saying it doesn't knock or doesn't still sound good, but it wasn't unique at least not for it's time. This was the spring/summer that N.O.R.E's "Nothin" and Tweet's "Call Me" were hits and there might've been others with a sinilar sound that escape me right now.

I hear what u saying but shyt, that shyt was 1 of the hottest songs out at the time, least to me and my crew.

Honestly, Addictive was way better than Nothin and Tweet's Call Me, to me.