Imagine you’re the hottest free agent in the indies

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Some of the biggest wrestling promotions want you. The option is up to you, pick whatever promotion you want. However, there are pros and cons that you have to take into consideration.

TNA: you’re the face of the company the entirety of your lengthy contract but TNA has a limited audience meaning you might be passed your prime when next contract is up

AEW: the biggest contract offer you will get but the risk is your career could go 10 steps backwards if TK fumbles the bag with you

New Japan: you become a mega international wrestling superstar where you’re considered top 10 in the world. The contract is respectable but this could possibly be your only one with a career-ending injury likely

NWA: You become top five NWA wrestler of all time. Money is decent enough to get by well. The downside of this is if you had any inspiration of going to other promotions then forget about it because you will spend the rest of your career here and only the IWC will care for you

WWE: the best promotion to make a name for yourself, to become famous. Some will say to become “Immortal”. Compared to other contracts offered you may feel lowballed. If you succeed here you can break bank whoever you decide to sign with next contract. The risk here is 1.) you might not ever leave NXT 2.) if you make it to the main roster the company might look at you as a mid card guy so you get lost in the shuffle with only one PLE your entire run

Who do you choose

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think it depends on how long you've been grinding on the indies. If you are still relatively young, I don't see why you wouldn't choose WWE. It's by far the biggest promotion and if you become a big star there the overall reach is going to far exceed anywhere else.

If you're older and been grinding and don't feel you have many prime years left, you probably would want to choose AEW because you're going to get a big contract, cash in and you are working lesser dates so you can save your body a bit from travel and spend time with your family more.

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Trips

Superstar
Daps
I would go to NXT willingly for the female talent in that locker room alone :steviej:
Heathen

Not doing the grind getting them 6 star matches in AEW or New Japan

BUT

i-get-it-snoop-dogg.gif

I'd be in those NXT sheets as well!!!

cheering-happy.gif

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
It depends what I'm good at and what these companies are offering. WWE sounds good but you might not see the a main roster for a couple of years.

AEW you'll have good matches but your probably not gonna have solid creative direction. The correct answer might be impact.

You get a cool schedule, more control over your schedule and possible NXT crossover opportunities

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I'd go New Japan for a few reasons:

1) Ability to work TNA/AEW/Indy events without having to get too deeply involved in their internal politics. Also, being from a different promotion you'd probably be featured better on cards vs. if you were a member of the roster
2) Getting the Meltzer Tokyo Dome Star Stimulus for any of my matches
3) Learning a different style to increase versatility for next career move
4) Spending time in a different part of the world would be interesting (to me at least)