Imagine not being born during HBO’s runs

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
HBO is definitely pound for pound the number one producer of A1 box office smashes when it comes to premium television.

Edit:

When I think more about it "box office" might not be the right word, but I think y'all get what I'm saying. They've produced the most culturally impactful and memorable, highly esteemed television series out of any other network.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And whoever is number two is a distant number two.

That's probably the more contentious question (I'm going FX, but I'm willing to hear arguments to the contrary).

I would say FX even though AMC had a little run back in the day with Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and peak Walking Dead

CW_1991

Banned
Daps

That's probably the more contentious question (I'm going FX, but I'm willing to hear arguments to the contrary).

I would say it's between AMC and Netflix.

Edit:

Actually like the poster above said FX will be better and amc. Netflix is not really television in the traditional sense

Daps
I would say FX even though AMC had a little run back in the day with Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and peak Walking Dead
They had Better Call Saul, too. They just couldn't keep up the momentum at all. Now that there's no Vince Gilligan show on their network, they're irrelevant again.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They had Better Call Saul, too. They just couldn't keep up the momentum at all. Now that there's no Vince Gilligan show on their network, they're irrelevant again.

Yeah, the problem is they don’t produce their own shows, try just got really lucky and caught and unbelievable lick with that run.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

I agree with FX
The Americans is HBO show status for me
Snowfall is great too (not saying it's better than the wire though)

Daps
The Larry Sanders Show is a G.O.A.T. comedy of all time. It was just on HBO and not as seen by people at the time Seinfeld, Friends, and Frasier dominated the TV comedy conversation.

Daps
I have to be honest, other than the first nine episodes of Homeland, I've never gotten into a Showtime show like that.
I agree with FX
The Americans is HBO show status for me
Snowfall is great too (not saying it's better than the wire though)
The Americans is an elite show. One of the best endings in a TV show ever. It had me fukked up.

The dude lead from that show is great in Perry Mason, too. If y'all aren't watching that HBO joint, it's damn good.