Imagine being married to a woman who admits that you’re physically not her ideal man

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I am all for transparency, but any women who gets with me, but feel that I am not her ideal mate, then I hope she keep that to herself and take it to her grave when its time for her to go!

As long as I am respected and treated well, then that is all that matters to me.

Besides, for all she knows, the feeling could be mutual on that tip..

Daps
Are you married?

ETA: I'll ask you this then, as I've asked already in this thread. We've established he was already used to being with a certain type of lady lookswise. He had no trouble pulling.

Thus, can you offer a reason he proposed to me then? I really want someone to answer this yet no one has. We had no shotgun wedding, neither of us married into money...so what was his incentive to propose to me when he clearly could have gotten otherwise?

I genuinely want to know, as I am not a man and do not presume to understand how y'all's minds work. Explain it to me like I'm a five year old, as Denzel would say lol.

Pulling isn't the hard part, keeping is :manny:

Maybe he thought he couldn't do any better
Maybe he couldn't keep the type of girls he was attracted to looks wise
Maybe he wasn't good enough to get the type of girl he wanted physically

I can't give a concrete answer thats something you'd have to ask him.

Im just saying that as a man if I were 5'7 and you told me that your 'ideal' ranges between 5'10 and 6'2 , I (and many other men) would throw you in the bushes. Your husband probably wouldn't be your husband if you had said this to him before he caught feelings :manny:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
That's the thing. I only said my husband was not 5'10. If someone could point me to where I explicitly said "a man must be x height in order for me to consider him", I'd certainly appreciate it. Perhaps I wrote something that betrayed me I do not remember.

Interestingly enough,I never said he wasn't attractive though. How do posters keep arriving at this conclusion? Can someone point me to this post, or am I merely arguing against the deductions of others?

When I say I found a multitude of other things attractive, I am believed to be lying. When I say I am with the man I truly want, I am thought to be lying even more...because he is 3 inches shorter than what I find attractive.

However, an entire thread was made off an assumption and the progression of it all has been astounding. :yeshrug:

I just hate when stuff doesn't make sense. I'm a stickler for logic, I guess.
I think you’re intelligent enough to understand the reaction to the OP:usure:

You said your ideal is X and you dated X in the past, however you’re husband is Y.

Most people based on that statement assume you think X>Y.

Not sure why you’re still confused.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps
I think you’re intelligent enough to understand the reaction to the OP:usure:

You said your ideal is X and you dated X in the past, however you’re husband is Y.

Most people based on that statement assume you think X>Y.

Not sure why you’re still confused.

It is the assuming that is confusing me. Different point of view, I guess.

Over my time in here, I've read tons of unbelievable stuff on this board with regards to how men ought to chose their partner with regards to her looks.

It has never made me think, though, that despite the constant praise and desirefor Megan Good types (for example), a man with an once of sense would turn down a good woman because she doesn't look like her.

Yet...this is the line of thinking about me which has led us here.

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps
Pulling isn't the hard part, keeping is :manny:

Maybe he thought he couldn't do any better
Maybe he couldn't keep the type of girls he was attracted to looks wise
Maybe he wasn't good enough to get the type of girl he wanted physically

I can't give a concrete answer thats something you'd have to ask him.

Im just saying that as a man if I were 5'7 and you told me that your 'ideal' ranges between 5'10 and 6'2 , I (and many other men) would throw you in the bushes. Your husband probably wouldn't be your husband if you had said this to him before he caught feelings :manny:

My husband was a childhood friend turned lover once we became adults...there was not much he didn't know about me not I him. I knew the sort of ladies he liked just as he had seen the kind of guys I liked.

We were friends years before we took it to that level...but I ought to believe he had no love, attraction or genuine affection because I don't look like the other ladies with whom he had relationships?

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
It is the assuming that is confusing me. Different point of view, I guess.

Over my time in here, I've read tons of unbelievable stuff on this board with regards to how men ought to chose their partner with regards to her looks.

It has never made me think, though, that despite the constant praise and desirefor Megan Good types (for example), a man with an once of sense would turn down a good woman because she doesn't look like her.

Yet...this is the line of thinking about me which has led us here.
I think that may be because of the different ways men and women look at attraction/potential partners

Also both women and Men are frequently accused of turning down good women/men because of looks

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I also think it was his name and status at first, but now I think she actually love that nikka for who he is.
There’s no doubt from anyone that status and money can make any man attractive. But if Jay-Z stopped being “the man”, believe me, Beyoncé would not have stuck around after he cheated.

I mean let’s be real, how many black men can Beyoncé find with both the level of money and status Jay-Z has? He’s a rarity. That’s why Beyoncé didn’t it keep it moving.

To a lesser extent, if a woman ever stopped looking at her man like he’s the shyt, best believe she’ll be looking to jump ship when the next upgrade comes along.

I have no doubt that a woman can be attracted to a man that may not be her physical type.... but that’s my point, once you start losing traits that your woman is attracted too outside of the physical (status, money, resources etc), that attraction will fade and she’ll be looking elsewhere.

That’s why you should always strive to improve yourself as a man because best believe your other half won’t hesitate to jump ship if you’re stagnating or regressing in life.