☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Its like goddamn...this is a powerful and confusing issue that has major implications.

People are just basically telling people: Hey, the verdict is in. Move on.

Like...how can ya'll just push our thoughts to the side like that?

Thats REALLY how people view us and what we think. Its incredibly frustrating.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree, the implications are massive and it's a glaring problem of the justice system. But most people are mad at the verdict.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I do agree with this... People like its time to move on, or ya'll still talking about that?

shyt annoys me, I wasn't following the trial blow by blow but I've been kinda heated every since the verdict came out.

Its especially annoying when i hear it coming from other black people too.

As if there is some other glaring issue right now that needs our attention.

Maybe its because i have a son that will be trayvon's age in a few years but I just can't let this shyt go. I don't talk about it at work at all cause I don't want to go bad on anybody. but I honestly didn't want to care this much about it, but I do..

And the last think I need is somebody telling me I shouldn't care about this shyt :pacspit:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Its like goddamn...this is a powerful and confusing issue that has major implications.

exactly ... "oh, it's just the way the law is."
Like unhappy people have never gotten a law changed before. :childplease:

Krispy

#FreeBigLurch
Daps
Reppin
UK
Florida the state where people viewed as white can attack and kill a young dude, say its self defence and not get charged, what bullshyt :pacspit:

LordFendiMane

Banned
Daps
Do you truly believe that whites don't KNOW that sh1t is wrong? That was just their way of getting things back to the way they used to be. No one with a functioning brain could not see the holes in that bullsh1t story Zim gave. He couldn't even take the stand to recite his bullsh1t. Why do you think whites are running with the 94% sh1t (although true) and saying he should have just ran home and other variations of bullsh1t.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

When people are mad logic goes out of the window. I'm not going to lie, as a Black person it hurt's that he got off. But if we are going to sit here and honestly say, that it was okay for him to confront Zimmerman, then we also have to be okay with Zimmerman defending himself as well.

The issue I have is that ALL of this could have been prevented had he not set the events in motion.

But to act like he shouldn't or didn't/doesn't have the right to defend himself is wrong as well.

I'm actually outside of myself right now and looking at the "case" moreso than the social/racial aspects of the incident itself.

And it really is fascinating.

On one hand Blacks are saying "Why did he follow him, he could have prevented all of this nonsense from happening and Trayvon would be alive"

On the other hand Whites are saying "Well, Trayvon DID attack him, and ultimately that proved to be his undoing, are you saying Zimmerman shouldn't be able to defend himself because he made a mistake"

Both points are valid.

The part which concerns me and should concern most Blacks, and I imagine it does. Is does this make it open season on Black people. ESPECIALLY Young black males.

and the dichotomy between what represents Black culture and what represents "Thug" culture, especially as viewed by non blacks.