I'm I the Only One That Thinks the "Beat LA" Chant Is

Charlie Broadway

Greg Ward Jr. SZN
Daps
Reppin
Houston
embarrassing as hell? I wanted to make this last night but now I can finally talk about this shyt. Every city the lakers go to (clippers now too smh) they hear the "Beat LA" chant over & over again. Tbh I'd love that shyt if I played for LA. I'd take pride in it. No other city's team gets that type of universal attention on the road. It might as well be the lakers official battle cry.

When the Lakers come to Houston it's embarrassing to hear Rockets fans chanting the EXACT same chant that every other city screams. It's unoriginal & it looks like we hate them more then we like ourselves.

I was watching the game last night shaking my head. Fans shoulda been chanting "Go Grizzlies" or something but instead we all know who they were concerned with.:childplease:

So what about ya'll? Are ya'll in the stands going crazy with everyone else or are there actually one or two other people out there that think that shyt is lame?

Charlie Broadway

Greg Ward Jr. SZN
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Lol yeah that's crazy. Never thought I'd see the day when I could turn on the tv & hear the crowd screaming beat LA...for the clippers!:merchant:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
:childplease: It has nothing to do with the teams themselves, its just a simple chant that everyone can do that comes across clearly because of the syllables.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
As a fan of NY sports teams I know exactly what you're talking about. Hearing fans chant "Yankees Suck" when they're down four runs is always hilarious.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
That started, I believe, in the 80s when the Lakers were playing the Celtics in the Finals. For any city other than Boston to make that chant is really corny to me.

Charlie Broadway

Greg Ward Jr. SZN
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:childplease: It has nothing to do with the teams themselves, its just a simple chant that everyone can do that comes across clearly because of the syllables.

Last time we played the lakers in the offs, they gave out red shirts to the whole stadium so the crowd would look nice on tv. You'd think the shirts would say something about the Rockets right? The shirts just said "BEAT LA" big as hell on the front.

Also, obviously there are a bunch of "simple" two syllable city/team names that crowds could chant but don't. Wonder why...

Charlie Broadway

Greg Ward Jr. SZN
Daps
Reppin
Houston
That started, I believe, in the 80s when the Lakers were playing the Celtics in the Finals. For any city other than Boston to make that chant is really corny to me.

I'm glad you said that because I forgot about boston in my first post. I have no issue with them chanting & whatnot. Just feels right, can't get no righter than that.