I'm going to try and stop smoking Cigarettes

Constantine

Et in Arcadia ego...
Daps
Reppin
The "BUCKEYE" Nation
A few years ago I noticed someone smoking, and realized the person, and people who smoke only smoke half their cigatettes :dwillhuh:,
so by inference, people only smoke half of their pack :ohhh:.
So smoking is analogous to buying a Chipotle burrito, or Long John Silver's meal, eating half of it, then leaving it on the table or floor for the cat, or dog to eat; or eating half of it outside, and leaving the rest on the grass for the ants, squirrels, dogs, birds, cats to eat, or throwing it in the bushes :birdman:.
Try to think of smoking in those regards. Hope I've been helpful.

|r|e|a|d|

Hail!!
Daps
Reppin
PJ's to the Burbs
Ive been tryin to quit for the past month and change. Bought 1 of them blu's and for the most part have been chillin ... I've had a day where I killed 1 of my folks packs when out drinking and another when playing poker but other than that I'm cool. For me work is my trigger when I'm home or in the whip im good but when @ work that's when I get to craving. Ive been the past week without the blu but i'll just go outside when I normally would and just not smoke even if i'm with other smokers just go out and shoot the shyt just sans a smoke. ZIt'sw all about unlearning old habits and learning new ones

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
A few years ago I noticed someone smoking, and realized the person, and people who smoke only smoke half their cigatettes :dwillhuh:,
so by inference, people only smoke half of their pack :ohhh:.
So smoking is analogous to buying a Chipotle burrito, or Long John Silver's meal, eating half of it, then leaving it on the table or floor for the cat, or dog to eat; or eating half of it outside, and leaving the rest on the grass for the ants, squirrels, dogs, birds, cats to eat, or throwing it in the bushes :birdman:.
Try to think of smoking in those regards. Hope I've been helpful.
This is true for me. I can aleast look at it from a money stand point as to why I need to stop.

Ive been tryin to quit for the past month and change. Bought 1 of them blu's and for the most part have been chillin ... I've had a day where I killed 1 of my folks packs when out drinking and another when playing poker but other than that I'm cool. For me work is my trigger when I'm home or in the whip im good but when @ work that's when I get to craving. Ive been the past week without the blu but i'll just go outside when I normally would and just not smoke even if i'm with other smokers just go out and shoot the shyt just sans a smoke. ZIt'sw all about unlearning old habits and learning new ones
I did the e-cig thing but it wasn't doing it for me. Thats why I'm guessing cold turkey would be better for me.
Yes, I did it cold turkey, failed once, tried again....clean 10+ years

:salute: on your efforts
Did you slowly cut how many you smoked or just up and stopped all in a day?

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Find something else you can do that's just as addictive as the act of smoking but doesn't completely fukk you up like smoking does :manny:

thoushallhustle

All Star
Daps
the only thing that helped me was being pregnant. when i was in my first trimester, the smell of cigarettes made me vomit. I hated being in my car because it reeks of ciggs. Then one day I was at the store and this man walked past me and I got a whiff of him and nearly passed out. he smelled like he had just hotboxed a carton of cigarettes. I cant believe I used to walk around like that. Its disgusting. Now that Im 9 months the urge is pretty much gone and the cravings are very ease to tolerate.

LordFendiMane

Banned
Daps
Chantix worked for me... I was done smoking in 2 weeks. Trying to stop is too hard cold turkey, I ended up punching a bum for asking me for money at the gas station.

Imhotep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is true for me. I can aleast look at it from a money stand point as to why I need to stop.

I did the e-cig thing but it wasn't doing it for me. Thats why I'm guessing cold turkey would be better for me.

Did you slowly cut how many you smoked or just up and stopped all in a day?

I did the gradual thing and failed.
I knew that I had to commit to it 100%...which I did, failed and tried again.
When I relapsed, I went in harder than before:leon: so I knew I had to kick it for good
That being said, what might work for someone else will not necessarily work for you but just that you are seriously exploring quitting is in and of itself a :handshake: