I'm fat and bald at 24 is

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

How do I deal with comments on my weight and (lack of) hair?

Hey so I (24M) am a uni student with people who are generally 2-3 years younger than me since I had to take some time off but I'm back at it. I started losing hair at 16 and have a patch of dry grass on my head lmao. Used to bother me a lot but I got over it because there's bigger fish to fry. I've also gained almost 40 pounds in the past year thanks to antidepressants + other mental health meds and stress eating. To put it simply, I look like a recently divorced 45 year old dude who is NOT Taking it well.

I'm generally very IDGAF around most of my friends and peers so they're quite forthright to comment on how I look. So many people have commented about how I look significantly older than my age. I told someone earlier casually I'm not looking to date and they replied with "it's not like you could anyways", earlier someone told me they genuinely thought I was closer to 30 than 20. What broke the camel's back was today me and a couple of people were just chilling after an exam and this guy said "You dress really well, you'd look good if you just lost weight, hit the gym and got a hair transplant."

I stopped caring about how I look a long time ago. My strengths definitely lie in my cognitive capacity rather than aesthetic. I play it cool or laugh it off but people reiterating how I'm bottom of the barrel in the looks department does suck. So I'd love any input to just not give a shyt about what people say on that or detach from the comments.

TLDR: I'm a practically bald and fat 24 year old guy who is aging like milk and it gets brought up a bit too often. Feel shytty, but enough to care and need advice how to just write it off and be unbothered.

This Duck Tails breh?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
He can lose the weight quick at 24 in college. Most universities have a gym or he can join one off campus for cheap. The hair...ehh I guess you cut it off and grow a beard.
Can't relate considering I'm neither fat nor bald (and significantly older).

But the best he can probably do is rock the full baldy, hit the gym and get on Keto I guess :yeshrug: shouldn't be that hard to lose weight at 24 I wouldn't think
He's making excuses in the comments. He doesn't want to change just to not care.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Lose weight, hit the weights, and consider a hair system if he's really self conscious about the loss and/or short. :manny:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
he stopped caring about his looks. the rest of the world didn't

you can work on everything else and pretend it doesn't matter but it always does. people do a lot of mental gymnastics to escape having to account for their own inaction. if you don't take care of yourself it shows at some level that you don't love yourself. it's a bad sell to a potential suitor. you don't have to "hit the gym" eat better. have an active lifestyle. take up walking and or running. other active engagements like sports. work out outside or at home. buy some basic equipment. make it a part of a lifestyle. all the excuses never cut it. nobody you want to date wants to hear about your antidepressants making you fat or stress eating. that's YOUR fukking problem. deal with it. a hair system is not necessary but he needs to shave the patch... if he does everything else he can still do well.

mufhukaz always wanna wallow in self pity and shyt. dude asked how to "write it off and care less at the end" smh fukking loser