I'm contemplating about cutting my hair

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
I think it stems from me cutting my hair for the first time in o9. I got a pixie cut and it was very nice. I had soooo many compliments and I guess you can say I felt more free although it was relaxed. At the same time, I was talking to This guy and I sent him a photo and he stopped talking to me because of my haircut. I felt like shyt. So ever since, I won't wear my hair of extensions short. I'll have it shoulder length or a bit longer.

I'm older but I still fear if I cut my hair again, I'll get "rejected" when it comes to the dating scene.

And I know it's hypocritical for me to tell @Kant to embrace her beauty but I won't.

Thoughts? Healthy feedback please!

@Elle Driver @CinnaSlim @GoldCoastSaint @Paradise @Kant @Raava @MoonGoddess @Jayne

@Holy Berry @Vice Queen

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Are you talking straightened hair or curly hair?

I feel like you should do what you want to your hair and worry about men later you are the one who has to deal with it. There are plenty of men that like short hair anyway. If someone stops talking to you because of that, they weren't going to stick around in the first place.

I want to cut my hair too every other day. I'm just trying to give it a chance when me doing right by it.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps

I feel like you should do what you want to your hair and worry about men later you are the one who has to deal with it. There are plenty of men that like short hair anyway. If someone stops talking to you because of that, they weren't going to stick around in the first place.

I want to cut my hair too every other day. I'm just trying to give it a chance when me doing right by it.

Straightened and or short hair.ill post a photo soon

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
I think men are loving short hair more and more these days. Hell even Bey cut her shyt even tho she's back long lol. You just need to make sure the cut fits your face shape. I have a long face and my pixie cut looked terrible on me. Bobs work for me tho.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
if men make u feel like crap about your hair cut them off they doin you a favor, second how u gonna let people get you in your feelings, the only opinion that shld matter is your own. if you like it then rock with it. btw stop texturizing/relaxing ur hair its not healthy (this is my opinion you dnt have to listen to me), as is applying heat as an alt straightness method.

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
Get into wigs (all lengths). Look into the lace ones if you want a realistic aesthetic. (They're pricey though, but you can find a good long one).

With that said, don't be dependent on the wig(s) or weave.

You're compromising yourself and it's not healthy.

You like what you like so you never have to apologize for your hair or haircut. Period.
That's one guy. Some guys don't like short hair. Some prefer a woman that can pull off short hair.
The truth is you can have your hair long (and it could be your real hair) and there's still shyt that nikkas can find wrong with you.
You don't wanna deal with a man who can't accept you and some petty shyt like hair.
Hell what if you had cancer and lost your hair?
What if you invested all that time and energy into him for him to leave/act funny then?

Maybe you need to rethink the type of dating pool of men?
I see attractive BALD woman all the type on social media getting thirsted after by men and women.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
if men make u feel like crap about your hair cut them off they doin you a favor, second how u gonna let people get you in your feelings, the only opinion that shld matter is your own. if you like it then rock with it. btw stop texturizing/relaxing ur hair its not healthy (this is my opinion you dnt have to listen to me), as is applying heat as an alt straightness method.

that's the other issue. I think natural hair is beautiful on others but me. I will wear faux locs, braids but I wont wear my hair out. I did once, actually got compliments but I WAS indeed paranoid. If I were to cut it, I would relax it again which is bad because its not healthy

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Get into wigs (all lengths). Look into the lace ones if you want a realistic aesthetic. (They're pricey though, but you can find a good long one).

With that said, don't be dependent on the wig(s) or weave.

You're compromising yourself and it's not healthy.

You like what you like so you never have to apologize for your hair or haircut. Period.
That's one guy. Some guys don't like short hair. Some prefer a woman that can pull off short hair.
The truth is you can have your hair long (and it could be your real hair) and there's still shyt that nikkas can find wrong with you.
You don't wanna deal with a man who can't accept you and some petty shyt like hair.
Hell what if you had cancer and lost your hair?
What if you invested all that time and energy into him for him to leave/act funny then?

Maybe you need to rethink the type of dating pool of men?
I see attractive BALD woman all the type on social media getting thirsted after by men and women.

I agree and thank you. I'm thinking too much into it and just go for it

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps

I had this look before. Im thinking about getting this again but wear it a bit longer in the front

Love this color via @thelivingroomhairlounge - Black Hair Information

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
that's the other issue. I think natural hair is beautiful on others but me. I will wear faux locs, braids but I wont wear my hair out. I did once, actually got compliments but I WAS indeed paranoid. If I were to cut it, I would relax it again which is bad because its not healthy
your own self doubts come from your need for others to like you, so if someone says something negative that impression is left on you and you doubt yourself. like i sed stop lettin people determine your worth. do you have any pics where u were natural, i wld love to see them. DO NOT RELAX UR HAIR!! that's like smoking after doing cardio, its counter productive. black women have the best hair on earth, learn to love it. nothing wrong with afro-centric weaves, as long as it looks like it can come out your head and not mulan or Brittney type hair.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
your own self doubts come from your need for others to like you, so if someone says something negative that impression is left on you and you doubt yourself. like i sed stop lettin people determine your worth. do you have any pics where u were natural, i wld love to see them. DO NOT RELAX UR HAIR!! that's like smoking after doing cardio, its counter productive. black women have the best hair on earth, learn to love it. nothing wrong with afro-centric weaves, as long as it looks like it can come out your head and not mulan or Brittney type hair.

It is counter productive. I may post pics once I cut it again.

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
Yea I agree don't let people affect what you do to your hair. My mom would always have something slick to say when I went natural and I just ignored her and I grew to love my kinks. I also agree with @Jayne to try wigs out. I wanna try out this bob so badly
signature-black-bob-hairstyle-full-lace-wig-p-MFB003.jpg

But I'm not willing to cut my hair or risk heat damage again.