I'm building my home gym, brehs

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
My house came with a 20'x30'(600 sq ft) shop/garage. I was struggling to get consistent gym time so I decided to turn the back third of my shop into a 10'x20'(200 sq ft) home gym. I'm not a professional, but I'm pretty handy. I'll update this thread as I go.

I'm fortunate that the shop was already insulated with R3.75 foam board which is cool because my budget is only about $2,500 before equipment.

KwVGnua.jpeg

After cleaning it out the first order of business was building the wall with 2x4 and 7/16 OSB.
nzpAWyg.jpeg

I wanted to do it up with drywall, but OSB was more cost effective and more durable. I drywalled the front and back walls because the wood was rotting.

X6AS6Og.jpeg

Primed the walls...
N02pIg9.jpeg

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Up until this point I've been working on this project about two months. This 4th of July weekend my mini split came. I just went with a cheap China brand. It's intimidating but I've consumed enough Youtube videos, I'm confident I can figure it out how to install it.
xrliKVS.jpeg

First I had to run a circuit across the shop. Electric work isn't as scary as people make it seem. You have to always have a healthy fear of being shocked so you don't make silly mistakes. Always turn the breaker off and test all wires 2x-3x before touching them.

kWISoWZ.jpeg

Got the inside unit installed and the lines ran outside.
Lkd4TMy_d.jpg

Last edited:

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
The outdoor unit was the most intimidating part of this install. I borrowed a friend's manifold gauges to vacuum the lines.
dWLXVOn.jpeg

eStKgT7.jpeg

Got the electrical wires connected outdoors, and the lines vacuumed down. Flipped the breaker, and it came alive!
lhY8Spx.jpeg

0VdVqva_d.jpg

Next I'm going to do lighting. Stay tuned

Last edited:

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
That would be cool to have a home gym. I live in a apartment but I got cardio machine, power tower, and a curl bar. I wanna get some adjustable dumbbells and a foldable bench then I'll be good to go