Im Bout TO Fukk Your Mind

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
vwPnpjD.gif

they use this test for schizophrenic patients, since they are able to see right throught it. Its not an illusion for them, just a hollow mask. THey dont see 2 faces. This is due to a flaw in their brain's bottom-up proccessing sytsem. People without the disorde, see a face because of our assumed perception.

second thing: flip you rtounge upside down, and touch the right side. Funny huh? you feel the "touch" on the left. Thats because our brains havent been wired to sense touch from that position, so our perception of touch is assumed.

Now considering both of these facts watch this video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L45Q1_psDqk"]How Do You Know? - YouTube[/ame]

basically, how do we know our reality isnt just a figment of our assumed perceptions/imagination. How do we know the world as we know it, doesnt end when we die. THis is a popular philosophical theory/belief. However, most of us believe when we die, the world around us continues. Thoughts?

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You better hope that last one ain't your reaction to the mask. In the test they designed it for, 168/168 non schizo patients were fooled, the 13/13 schizo patients saw right through it. Theyre not fooled by concave/convex illusions because their basically see everything for what it is. They weren't fooled by the lighting trick because their brains lack ability to jump to conclusions based on assumptions according to the report. If you weren't fooled that doesn't mean your schizophrenic, it just a test they did for them.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You better hope that last one ain't your reaction to the mask. In the test they designed it for, 168/168 non schizo patients were fooled, the 13/13 schizo patients saw right through it. Theyre not fooled by concave/convex illusions because their basically see everything for what it is. They weren't fooled by the lighting trick because their brains lack ability to jump to conclusions based on assumptions according to the report. If you weren't fooled that doesn't mean your schizophrenic, it just a test they did for them.

lol n bruh the last smiley was for the video, the dude was like you can see your fingers right? But how do you know! :krs: Thought he was trying a litle too hard but it was still dope either way.

Dap + pos rep :smugfavre:

yo moms

drunk
Daps
second thing: flip you rtounge upside down, and touch the right side. Funny huh? you feel the "touch" on the left. Thats because our brains havent been wired to sense touch from that position, so our perception of touch is assumed.

Yeah this didnt work at all :beli:

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
Interesting theory about the world around us being our imagination. My question is if I am imagining the world around me how do you explain the things you hear but don't see. For example in my apartment building I can hear kids walking through the hall but I don't see them. How would my mind know to imagine the sound at random times during the day when I'm at home. I can grasp imagining things that I see but the things you hear or taste for that matter I can't grasp that.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I dont listen to fukkboy thoughts. Its easy to tell it was a fukkin mask.

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
basically, how do we know our reality isnt just a figment of our assumed perceptions/imagination. How do we know the world as we know it, doesnt end when we die. THis is a popular philosophical theory/belief. However, most of us believe when we die, the world around us continues. Thoughts?

I remember the first time I thought this as a little kid. It was more of a thought of am i really alive? :dwillhuh: is everything around me really happening or am i making this up. Weird. shyt freaked me out and it occasionally crosses my mind ever so often. :yeshrug: