I'll just get it on pc

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is all to common with console games coming to PC, mk 11 was a debacle, I'm still waiting on samsho which finally got a release date for switch and is suppose to come out on PC...yet no news.

I'm not trying to play glitchy, games released 6 moth later that require a patch that you probably won't see until another 2 months later.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
It's more so about what you are more comfortable playing the game on. I have plenty of games that I bought on PC and then bought on the Switch just because I don't want to look at a PC after work. If that means I play an inferior version that needs patches, so be it.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I guess the Xbox Series X rumor about buying PC games on the console is futile :lupe:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
because console games never need a patch :comeon:

thing is PC gamers are super picky about their performance. they'll claim a game is "completely broken" if they're getting 140fps on their 144hz monitor. meanwhile console gamers getting 13fps in Control like :manny:

PS4-frame-rate-problem_DF.png

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's more so about what you are more comfortable playing the game on. I have plenty of games that I bought on PC and then bought on the Switch just because I don't want to look at a PC after work. If that means I play an inferior version that needs patches, so be it.
Makes sense, I tend to avoid console games that are released or ported to PC outside of fighters. Which for some reason are always better on pc (outside of NR titles)
I guess the Xbox Series X rumor about buying PC games on the console is futile :lupe:
That would still be dope, I just wouldn't be buying any console games on PC. But if I could play my steam library on my tv (easily) :banderas:

thing is PC gamers are super picky about their performance. they'll claim a game is "completely broken" if they're getting 140fps on their 144hz monitor. meanwhile console gamers getting 13fps in Control like :manny:

Console games need patches sure, but its usually knocked out really really quick. If not day one, I think the longest I went with a game needing a major patch recently was with MHW ironically enough, took them about 3 weeks to get that patched at launch.... PC still getting patches and hotfixes a year later...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Console games need patches sure, but its usually knocked out really really quick. If not day one, I think the longest I went with a game needing a major patch recently was with MHW ironically enough, took them about 3 weeks to get that patched at launch.... PC still getting patches and hotfixes a year later...
PC typically gets patches quicker because they don't have to go through certification. this MHW DLC came out on PC Jan 9th. if the patch comes out in "the next few days" it will be a little more than a week.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PC typically gets patches quicker because they don't have to go through certification. this MHW DLC came out on PC Jan 9th. if the patch comes out in "the next few days" it will be a little more than a week.
This should be true but not typically the case in my experiences unless it's MMO something like that and most of those are made with PC in mind 1st anyway.

These MHW bugs also arent an issue at for console users.

It's just things like that that make the I'll just get my console games on PC statement that people make suspect.

Unless a game is developed to be released on all platforms at once you can usually count on the one released on the switch and PC to have "issues" of some sort out the gate.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Makes sense, I tend to avoid console games that are released or ported to PC outside of fighters. Which for some reason are always better on pc (outside of NR titles)

That would still be dope, I just wouldn't be buying any console games on PC. But if I could play my steam library on my tv (easily) :banderas:

Yeah I get you but you have to keep in mind. A PS4, Xbox, etc is the same from an architectural standpoint no matter who owns it. So creating a patch for it is easier because you know what you are working with. Whereas for a PC, you have endless options when it comes to hardware that you have to try to account for. Think about the number of Intel chips you have to test the patch on and then run the same test on AMD chips.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan

I can't accept 30 fps anymore but 13 fps at any point the game is turned on? :hhh:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I just follow where the fanbase or how well it runs on my pc vs my console. MMO/Shooters got a solid base on PC. but FGs, are pure console.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I'm fine with the PC release being later if it means they're building from the ground up with PC. I've seen too many devs just try to lazily port a console game to PC and it creates PC specific issues because shyt is utilizing different code, programming, architecture, etc and isn't even optimized for hardware. If I gotta wait I'll do that. My backlog isn't going anywhere. :yeshrug:

Minus Watchdogs I can't really remember the last time I bought a multi-plat game on PC that was just fukked and took mad weeks to fix. BF4 at launch maybe?

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't accept 30 fps anymore but 13 fps at any point the game is turned on? :hhh:

I try to cop pleas, but it’s just hard to go back to low frames when you get used to 60+ :mjcry: playing through Bloodborne again after Sekiro on PC and that 30 hurts :wow:

Red Dead 2 might as well be a whole new game too

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I'm fine with the PC release being later if it means they're building from the ground up with PC. I've seen too many devs just try to lazily port a console game to PC and it creates PC specific issues because shyt is utilizing different code, programming, architecture, etc and isn't even optimized for hardware. If I gotta wait I'll do that. My backlog isn't going anywhere. :yeshrug:

Minus Watchdogs I can't really remember the last time I bought a multi-plat game on PC that was just fukked and took mad weeks to fix. BF4 at launch maybe?
Mortal Kombat X and I think the worst was Batman Arkham Knight.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Mortal Kombat X and I think the worst was Batman Arkham Knight.

MKX was bad :huhldup::huhldup:

But I didn't cop either of those games. I do remember the backlash. Apparently NBA2k games have PC specific bugs as well(probably a lazy port once again)