I'll be interviewing a grammy award winner in a week any tips?

DuncanWebayama

webayama 7'5" hall of fame loc
Daps
Reppin
french baguittes and chips
Well I received the blessing of getting an interview with a grammy winner. I've never done an interview with anybody sober. When people aren't sober they speak forever so it was easy for me to do.

But, how would I start it off, what are somethings I should open with and progress throughout?

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Coming from a former reporter. Have a set of important questions, but go off script to ask followup questions when they go on cool tangents, while also reigning them in when they get too far off base. End with the question "Anything else you think I should know?" or something along those lines. People love to talk about themselves so that can extend the interview another 10 minutes.

Getting her liquored up isn't necessary. If you give off an appearance that you have a genuine interest in what she's saying, she'll talk. Talk like you're a peer learning about her and not a robot and she'll open up. Don't hit her over the head with the tough questions right off the bat. Focus on the stuff that makes her look good or that she'll be dying to talk about first, so that when you switch to something tougher it's on some "You know I gotta ask this" shyt, and she'll understand.

DuncanWebayama

webayama 7'5" hall of fame loc
Daps
Reppin
french baguittes and chips
Coming from a former reporter. Have a set of important questions, but go off script to ask followup questions when they go on cool tangents, while also reigning them in when they get too far off base. End with the question "Anything else you think I should know?" or something along those lines. People love to talk about themselves so that can extend the interview another 10 minutes.

Getting her liquored up isn't necessary. If you give off an appearance that you have a genuine interest in what she's saying, she'll talk. Talk like you're a peer learning about her and not a robot and she'll open up. Don't hit her over the head with the tough questions right off the bat. Focus on the stuff that makes her look good or that she'll be dying to talk about first, so that when you switch to something tougher it's on some "You know I gotta ask this" shyt, and she'll understand.
my attention span is awful. I have this face if I'm in a conversation that lasts more than 5 minutes :dwillhuh:

Chief

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jozi
No name fukk you and your thread

One star - rep :pacspit: