I'll be going to NYC for the first time next week, any tips?

2pac_Westside

SOHH Vet - est. 2002
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Whats good,

I'll be flying from San Fran to JFK next week, going to NY for the first time, I'll be there for business but will have free time.

I'm staying in Midtown near central park... What are some cool bars/lounges/clubs? Any areas I should avoid? Is it worth leaving Manhattan to see the other boroughs?

Where can I find some trees?

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Hit up the Metropolitan Museum of Art (and enjoy drinks on the rooftop garden and good views of the city.)
If you are down west 4th and NYU hit up Falucka on Thurs of Friday. Also Sweet and Vicious on Spring Street and if youre really feeling adventurous head to Brooklyn and go to Bembe.

Croxley's in the lower for wings and beer (M-W). BoB bar. Hit up Amy Ruths in Harlem for chicken and waffles and a glass of kool aid too.

And for green, you should run into it for sure. In the lower or over by NYU. Cant promise you'll get bomb though.

PS: stay away from the Bronx and Brownsville

Last edited:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Ya son, hit up Soundview in the BX for sure. Mad PAWGS over there. Brownsville in BK is a good area too. Both those places got a good night life too so hit up there dolo to pull the hoes.

Daps
I'ma keep it simple. Don't chill above 14th street, its tourist and corny NY central.. Stay below and you're :win:

Definitely, definitely visit Brooklyn, any neighborhood. but never south of Empire Blvd, east of Nostrand ave, it gets dangerous. Follow these directions you can be out all hours of the night, drunk, and be fine.

Toss looking for "spots" in the bushes. nothing lamer than going to a specific address. Aint no other city in America this compact-- therefore:

people watch, spot-hop, walk/cruise around, feel the energy in the streets breh especially if its a hot day/weekend, aint nothing like a New York summer:ahh:

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: IVS