If you're James Dolan, would you consider buying out Amare?

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Dude is still a terrible defender and can't rebound for shyt. And when he can't get his way, he gives you nothing on the court. I know asking for it would mean eating up a shytload of money. But what's the sense in having this guy on the team at this point?

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
I don't know if you really wanna pay a guy somewhere around sixty milly to NOT play, especially considering how well Amare played last season when he was healthy and Melo wasn't there. Amare still has beast mode potential, especially if they can get a healthy distributor out there. Nash could have this old Amare looking like the old Amare again.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If they buy him out how much of his salary will count against the salary cap?

cook

Banned
Daps
i dont know about buying him out, it would probably cost too much but he really doesnt fit there.

him and chandler dont mix well. they would be better off with a jump shooting defensive minded PF, think what KG would look like instead of amare

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
And replace him with who?

He has 3 seasons left at 60 mill

Amare would be a dumbass to agree to a mutual buy out, most players who agree to mutual buyouts are ones getting no minutes etc or have a year on their deal.

Hell rh magic amnestied Gilbert and they are still shelling out 20 mill per year

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The fat fukk would never do that. He could care less if the Knicks wins game or not. All he cares about filling MSG seats with high ticket prices.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
If they buy him out how much of his salary will count against the salary cap?

Technically none of it, it's the buyout $$ amount is that's distributed against the cap for the remaining length of the contract.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
There teams out there that might trade for him, if the Nets can't get anyone in the offseason they probably would, same with the Magic. You have to look at teams that are desperate, he can still play it's just that he can't play with Melo.

the Nets are the only team i can think of that would desperate enough to make the deal. maybe Chicago. especially since it will be 4 Eva N A Day that theyre waiting on Boozer to be the scorer they want him to be.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
the Nets are the only team i can think of that would desperate enough to make the deal. maybe Chicago. especially since it will be 4 Eva N A Day that theyre waiting on Boozer to be the scorer they want him to be.

If the Magic don't trade Dwight this summer they'd probably be interested in Amare, they have a history of taking on horrible deals to try and appease Dwight, and this would be the best player they could get.

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
no chance we take amare on since his contact is uninsureable plus it puts us deeper into the tax.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
If the Magic don't trade Dwight this summer they'd probably be interested in Amare, they have a history of taking on horrible deals to try and appease Dwight, and this would be the best player they could get.

Trade for Amar'e, sign Nash...:ehh:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

Big baby and hedo for amare. Make it happen otis.

:scheme:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I'd trade that bum Melo.

Knicks wouldn't win a Jewish Rec League title w/ that ballhog.