If you were gonna buy 1 TV.....

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
What would it be? Size, type, what to look for?

I recently moved and I want to get a nice size tv for my living room. I don't want a plasma cause I know they burn out eventually.

My current bedroom tv is a LCD. 1080i and it's been going for about 10 years now with no problems. On the other hand, I bought an LED TV 2 years ago that already has green lines running through it

I'm not paying for a 4k unless someone tells me they are under 2000 by now. I don't know about 3d. I don't watch that many 3d movies but I know a lot of games are coming with 3d now.

So please. Let me get some 2013-2014 updated options. And should I wait till those 300 Black Friday tvs come or say fukk it and get one now?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What would it be? Size, type, what to look for?

I recently moved and I want to get a nice size tv for my living room. I don't want a plasma cause I know they burn out eventually.

My current bedroom tv is a LCD. 1080i and it's been going for about 10 years now with no problems. On the other hand, I bought an LED TV 2 years ago that already has green lines running through it

I'm not paying for a 4k unless someone tells me they are under 2000 by now. I don't know about 3d. I don't watch that many 3d movies but I know a lot of games are coming with 3d now.

So please. Let me get some 2013-2014 updated options. And should I wait till those 300 Black Friday tvs come or say fukk it and get one now?
the best time to buy a TV is like late spring early summer. the previous year's models are discounted to make way for the new year's models. typically any cheap black Friday TV is gonna be garbage quality probably on the lower end of an entry level model. the second best time to buy a TV is around the Superbowl. i bought like 2 TVs this year a 55 inch for the living room and a 46 inch for the bedroom and i like both sizes for where i chose to put them. both ate LED smart TVs with 3D. I don't like plasma because it looks so dim.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
the best time to buy a TV is like late spring early summer. the previous year's models are discounted to make way for the new year's models. typically any cheap black Friday TV is gonna be garbage quality probably on the lower end of an entry level model. the second best time to buy a TV is around the Superbowl. i bought like 2 TVs this year a 55 inch for the living room and a 46 inch for the bedroom and i like both sizes for where i chose to put them. both ate LED smart TVs with 3D. I don't like plasma because it looks so dim.
How do you like the 3d? Any headaches or that other shyt they first came out with? Does the regular hd suffer?