If you were Bronny James how far do you think you could go in the league?

How far would you go?

• GOAT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First ballot hall of famer

• Superstar

• Perennial All star

• Borderline all star

• Starter

• Role player

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Bench

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Undrafted good college player

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Undrafted mediocre college player

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Former athletes of thecoli

If you were gifted the same mindset you had when you played sports but you were born as Bronny James, how far do you think you'd be able to go in basketball given all the training resources Bronny has and the natural athletic ability he was given?
Do you think Bronny is maximizing his effectiveness and late first/second round is his ceiling or do you think he could be a better player than he is?

I'm curious what you would tailor your playstyle to be to be the best basketball player you could be?

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I think the next call of duty e league starts up in November. Maybe he'll finish first place in Nuketown 1v1

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Church rec league? i might start him. but he still wouldn't be my squads leading scorer.
Well since he was an all American this says more about you than it does the tools given to him. The floor is college because Bronny already proved he could get there...
I think the next call of duty e league starts up in November. Maybe he'll finish first place in Nuketown 1v1
Read the post...

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
2 seasons on the bench of Bron’s team and then out of the league and doing tiktok dances with pawgs

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
He definitely maximized his potential. I said this during threads tracking his development that the best thing they did was have him on teams with older better players.
He had to learn and improve his all around game to earn playing time. As opposed to being the man on a lower tier program, and focusing just on scoring points.

The problem is his size. He's point guard sized and not a true point guard. So where does he he fit on a pro roster? If he were 4 inches taller, you could say his ceiling would be as a utility 6th man/glue guy

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
He definitely maximized his potential. I said this during threads tracking his development that the best thing they did was have him on teams with older better players.
He had to learn and improve his all around game to earn playing time. As opposed to being the man on a lower tier program, and focusing just on scoring points.

The problem is his size. He's point guard sized and not a true point guard. So where does he he fit on a pro roster? If he were 4 inches taller, you could say his ceiling would be as a utility 6th man/glue guy
So is being a point guard a learned skillet or something you naturally have personality wise?
Why couldn't that have been something that was emphasized in his training?

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
As of now if Bronny was drafted it reminds me of what Perk said a few days ago on First Take that I think anybody with a brain even Bronny himself included knows that he's not going to see any minutes on the court.

At best as of now he'd either be a 13th or 15th man on the bench which means he virtually won't see any playing time whatsoever unless it's garbage minutes. The truth is that the probable and likely scenario if he is drafted is that he will be sent to the G-League to improve his skills and basketball IQ/awareness.

I don't think LeBron truly expects his son to be playing significant minutes or if any on an NBA team at this time but I think it's more about him just wanting his son to get his foot inside the league more than anything else while he still has the power to do so before he retires.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
So is being a point guard a learned skillet or something you naturally have personality wise?
Why couldn't that have been something that was emphasized in his training?
Players run the same drills and do the same type of training.
Within all that instruction, game time, scrimmages, and pick up games....guys who are adept at running point guard emerge early.

To play point in the NBA, even as the last man on the roster you have to be an incredibly talented player out of all the college and international league guys who play that position. I don't think he is that.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Players run the same drills and do the same type of training.
Within all that instruction, game time, scrimmages, and pick up games....guys who are adept at running point guard emerge early.

To play point in the NBA, even as the last man on the roster you have to be an incredibly talented player out of all the college and international league guys who play that position. I don't think he is that.
Yeah but the question is would it be attainable through working on it? You're saying it emerges early but if Lebrons goal was to maximize his son's capabilities for the NBA he'd have kept him working on it right?

But I can also see the other viewpoint all eyes on him since a youngster if he went out there and stunk it up every game forcing himself to develop pg skills it would ruin his buzz and make it much harder to get to the league.

Probably the type of thing you can do when you're some no name kid or son of a low profile nba player. I see that as a definite advantage they have over Bronny despite all the resources he has had access to.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Bron being the freak of nature he is gave him A LOT of blind spots when it came to Bronny's development.

I think he wanted to mitigate Bronny's experience with pressure by having him play with loaded HS talent and I think he thought Bronny would just figure it out.

This was a huge miscalculation.

I always say Gilbert Arenas being the guy that was overlooked and had to work hard to get to that that status ( he had to transfer before his sophomore year cause he got ZERO playing time on the JUNIOR VARSITY at his original high school)

This is why MJ is such a shytty talent evaluater/developer and I think Bron may actually be just like Jordan in that department.

Here is a piece from an article on Gilbert Arenas explaining why he sent his kid to public school instead of a prep power like Sierra canyon which is located not far from his son's school :

They had the best team, all the guys are five-star, just beating on people, which means none of them are ever really being tested, none of them are going 100% all game,” Arenas said. “I started looking at, where did Zion (Williamson) play high school? Where did John Wall? … realized in their high school team, they were solo. Put them over there and the other kids are smaller, but he’s being double- and triple-teamed. He never gets to play one-on-one basketball.”
which means he’s turning into something else,” Arenas said.

“He has to individually try to do everything to keep his team involved. He can’t take plays off.
He has to hit game-winers — he has to miss game-winners. He has to make the game-winning assist, game-winning turnover,” Gilbert said. “He feels all of these emotions during the time he has to learn how.”

He did the opposite with his son and didn't send his kid there with all the other NBA kids and his son looks better than ALL OF THEM

Daps
Reppin
Denver
If he has some self awareness, not far. But hes probably got a bunch of klutch people in his ear telling him USC was stupid not to play him and he has a game that will be more effective in the NBA than college.