If you want to have a good old fashioned argument with black folk...play Spades.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Hmmm..

I went thru that when I learned how to play spades. I would be honest and say I didn't know how to play.. and no one would teach me.

SOHH one day I just said yes. I can play. Got cussed out of course. I was whopping 15 or 16

After that, learning the basic rules, the rest was learning to count the cards. If I got 2 hearts there are 11 others out there. 11÷3= prolly at least 3 hearts in everyone else's hand, and then some. So mines will walk if they are the A and K. Or if you have the A and Q and can ride and swerve, you might be able to catch that K slipping. But more importantly, you can start cutting hearts and walk with 1 or 2 just off cuts.

Or. If you have 6 hearts. There's only 7 left. Around 2 per everyone else.. but fukc around and someone will have 1 or 0. So even your A might not he worth a damn. But after that A you're prolly not walking anywhere with a heart.

The skill of spades is knowing the context of the hand. Plus a little cunning to come up on stuff that "shouldn't" be counted. Like you may be able to let a 10 walk considering you're paying attention.

In conclusion. I get mad at people who say they can play who don't know the nuances. It's a long climb but by the time you can legally buy booze you should have figured it out. Or stay out the chair.

Last edited: