If you got a mouthpiece and you're not working in SALES. Just go ahead and COMMIT THAT!

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Real Estate

I earned 10k in my 3rd month.

Tbh I've seen dudes come in and cash six figures out the gate BUT those are the people who have crazy hunger and show up to the office at 7am leave at 10am you're off people. My old manager at my old firm was like this. Dude made 650k in 2014 when he was 29 years old.

4 years. It ain't even hard. People like you for you then the product second. If they like you they LET you sell them something else lol.

"Hey Actually6foot3, it was was great talking with you and thanks for showing, unfortunately this isn't what were looking for but we'd like to work with you. Do you have anything else that's fits our criteria?"

Done had something like the above happen so many times. People think all sales is high pressure but honestly there are people that WANT to be sold and just want to see if you will be the guy that can deliver.

Most people suck ass at sales. They come in thinking they're going to cash out after putting in

I probably worked 20 actual hours this month and half of that was just sitting there watching people sign contracts and handing me money :mjlol: everyone I know who is still on the business after 3 years is making money. Everyone else fizzled out and goes back to that 9-5

Sales has been good to me. I've traveled to 10 or 11 countries in the last 4 years thanks to it. And the best part is I never have to "put in" for time off :mjlol: office manager found out I was in Vegas when he saw my IG story. I'm an "independent contractor" they can't tell me shyt and they don't:yeshrug: I come into the office at 8am or noon or not at all if I don't feel like it.

Good shyt

The only thing I didnt like about your original post was that I think you undersold how hard it is to excel at sales......it is a tough cutthroat business and you need a tough skin for when people tell you no

It is a field where you literally have to be able to tame your ego or it gets disheartening

Daps
For me the key is the product. Nothing easier than a product that sales itself.

This. 100%. Have sold personal training as a GM of PT for a big box gym (like LA fitness) and pulled in 80-100k a year. Worked 70-80hours but was in my twentys at the time with no real training, so the pay was amazing and the product sold itself. I'm selling happiness and health and everyone needs help in the gym so it was all just about how I laid out the vision for them..

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I wish I could get into sales... I work at a very large company and sales is the only group I've seen black men in high positions all over. It's because if you're really good at it you can really move up the chain. it's a career based on results, and good results get rewarded.

With that being said, I don't have the skillset for it. I don't have the mouthpiece and I hate people.

But I agrees with the premise of OP. If you got the gift of gab then sales is a good move.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I wish I could get into sales... I work at a very large company and sales is the only group I've seen black men in high positions all over. It's because if you're really good at it you can really move up the chain. it's a career based on results, and good results get rewarded.

With that being said, I don't have the skillset for it. I don't have the mouthpiece and I hate people.

But I agrees with the premise of OP. If you got the gift of gab then sales is a good move.
Yep sales is one of the few careers you can thrive in no matter your race, sex, age, etc. If you bring results and make money, you will succeed. Online sales made it even better, they don't even gotta know what you look like. There are tons of brothas making guap online, we know nothing about.

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
I use to work for a gym and it was sales
It was very stressful

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
another thing

everything is sales related....

picking up women is sales
going on job interviews is sales
running a business is NOTHING but sales from generating new business to selling the employees on your vision

you cant escape it

Yeah it's a good skill to have. I wish I had it. It's the one major skill I'm missing. But I've been able to be very successful on the analytical/strategy side of things and I get paid nicely so I have zero motivation to learn sales.

But I envy others that have it. If you can sell, you can be successful doing just about anything.

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
fukk you doing working for $9 an hour. Pull up them pants and grab a phone/get in front of people and get you some business.

Sell software
Sell Real Estate
Sell Cars
Sell Pharmaceuticals
SELL ANYTHING WITH A COMMISSION

(humble brag alert)Just did the math and a breh made 46k in commission from 9/1/18 - 12/30/18 :ohlawd: 14k this month alone, you know I had to put in for a section at the club New year's and bottles on deck with the squad. I earned it:myman:

I'm wrapping up a deal as I write this that will pay me $1400 for literally 15 minutes of speaking to a guy I met this afternoon and showing him he needed what I had.

Just told my brother to ditch his stupid retail sales associate job and since he has years of experience take his ass to Gucci or Loui or some high end shyt and sell that. Higher pay and higher commissions and also clientele with better connections.

nikkas don't want this sales bread though :yeshrug:

I love the hustle :blessed:

Any tips or tricks on how to close a sale?

Daps
What products or services do you sell breh?
I’m a recruiter I sell the Marine Corps :mjgrin:. Almost done with the tour. won Recruiter of the year,my first year then won Station Commander of the Year my second year .

now shyts just old and repetitive the constantly pressure of the Career Recruiters pressuring you about learning new sales skills and trying to make you into a full blown salesman when I didn’t even volunteer for this duty I was forced to do I could care less if people joined.

But it worked having a good “mouth piece” because truly it was a grind at first but once I got my network established it became easy .
But everyday you must go out make X amounts of contacts per day to gain X amounts of enlistments. But now I have an office of fools who couldn’t sale chicken liver to a catfish :mjcry: and they making my life harder than when it was just me grinding

Mtt

Superstar
Daps
Instead of goading people into buying something they dont actually need you could be producing something useful. Salesmen are leaches. :umad:
No cause I'm quite sure many useful medical and pharmaceutical products came from the sales process for example ..