If you got a mouthpiece and you're not working in SALES. Just go ahead and COMMIT THAT!

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was my point :stopitslime:

The largest retailer doesnt even need salesman. The internet is wiping out brick and mortar. The writing is on the wall, but salesman are good at selling a dream

walmart does have salesman though :francis:

who do you think negotiates the products and the rates for the products they sell there? what about the companies that want their products on the shelves at walmart? thats sales too breh :yeshrug:

brick and mortar walmarts are NOT going anywhere soon...

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was my point :stopitslime:

The largest retailer doesnt even need salesman. The internet is wiping out brick and mortar. The writing is on the wall, but salesman are good at selling a dream

Walmart never had sales men they had retail associates who assist people in electronics department so they don't steal they no nothing about the products. They have stock people to stock the floor and cashiers to ring people up and the old man greater to whom most are part time do they don't have to pay benefits. Tell me how this is a sales type job. .Go read what sales are before you post this craziness.

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
I worked for AT&T slanging all that shyt. That problem solving shyt gets annoying when people dont wanna learn they just want shyt done. It gets tiring having to do that shyt 5-6x a week. Thats why ppl burnout in sales.

Some people are better at doing direct active sales and others are better at doing passive sales.Op has just given vague advice without actually providing any useful information.
He will not tell you about having to pitch under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.He will not tell you about having to put on a mask and he will not tell you about the cut throat competitiveness of being in sales.
The pull yourself by the bootstrap advice will not get you a 5 - 10 percent commission from selling a multi million dollar house.

Truth.com

But most people rather work for a steady $10 per hour than commission.

For me the key is the product. Nothing easier than a product that sales itself.

Most people have commitments and are not built to be in the competitive world of sales

another thing

everything is sales related....

picking up women is sales
going on job interviews is sales
running a business is NOTHING but sales from generating new business to selling the employees on your vision

you cant escape it

Yes and no.

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You come into my store trying to purchase a phone well I’m gonna have your ass walk out with two new phones, new cable/internet, new home security system, case/screen protector, speaker, and insurance for your whole family.

The same people like “Aw hell naw I ain’t falling for y’all leaching asses” be the same folks that walkout with 4x then what they originally came in for :mjlol:

Companies can’t make this type of experience happen strictly online. Sales ain’t going no where but companies just learning to adapt.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some people are better at doing direct active sales and others are better at doing passive sales.Op has just given vague advice without actually providing any useful information.
He will not tell you about having to pitch under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.He will not tell you about having to put on a mask and he will not tell you about the cut throat competitiveness of being in sales.
The pull yourself by the bootstrap advice will not get you a 5 - 10 percent commission from selling a multi million dollar house.

Most people have commitments and are not built to be in the competitive world of sales

Yes and no.

breh....you planning on elaborating or am i supposed to read your mind through the screen? :francis:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
You come into my store trying to purchase a phone well I’m gonna have your ass walk out with two new phones, new cable/internet, new home security system, case/screen protector, speaker, and insurance for your whole family.

Companies can’t make this type of experience happen strictly online. Sales ain’t going no where but companies just learning to adapt.
When I used to work in sales (mainly phones) I was an absolute beast. If a customer came in, even just to ask a question, I was gonna bend them over and give them everything. They would walk out with a smile and come back for more.

All you’re doing is selling yourself. 99% of people don’t know jack shyt. As long as they trust you and you’re filled with confidence, you can get anyone to sell over the deeds to their house.

If you’re easy on the eye, then you’ll easily murder face to face sales. If you’re ugly gang, that’s what telesales is for.

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
When I used to work in sales (mainly phones) I was an absolute beast. If a customer came in, even just to ask a question, I was gonna bend them over and give them everything. They would walk out with a smile and come back for more.

All you’re doing is selling yourself. 99% of people don’t know jack shyt. As long as they trust you and you’re filled with confidence, you can get anyone to sell over the deeds to their house.

If you’re easy on the eye, then you’ll easily murder face to face sales. If you’re ugly gang, that’s what telesales is for.

I can tell your familiar with the business. :myman:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I can tell your familiar with the business. :myman:
Man, I learned from the best. One guy I used to work with was an absolute animal. I used to shadow him and watch his every move. He had mothers asking him to marry their daughters within an hour of meeting him. :russ:

His mouthpiece was so cold. He could easily run his own company but he’s so lazy. :stopitslime: It’s sad watching all that talent go to waste.

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
breh....you planning on elaborating or am i supposed to read your mind through the screen? :francis:

In sales you have that constant pressure to sell and to negotiate with different clients.From flying overseas and doing presentations in front of major players who are looking to invest or to buy.Yeah a job interview is similar in a way but it is much easier to sell yourself and to bullshyt to the average employer or potential girlfriend vs a customer who is more picky and can be more demanding if they are willing to spend a lot of money.You will not last long if you continuously bullshyt in sales.

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
1.What specific sales industry do you work in?
2.What exactly do you sell?
3.How long did it take you to get to a position in which you can earn such commission?
4.How long have you been working in sales?
Real Estate

I earned 10k in my 3rd month.

Tbh I've seen dudes come in and cash six figures out the gate BUT those are the people who have crazy hunger and show up to the office at 7am leave at 10am you're off people. My old manager at my old firm was like this. Dude made 650k in 2014 when he was 29 years old.

4 years. It ain't even hard. People like you for you then the product second. If they like you they LET you sell them something else lol.

"Hey Actually6foot3, it was was great talking with you and thanks for showing, unfortunately this isn't what were looking for but we'd like to work with you. Do you have anything else that's fits our criteria?"

Done had something like the above happen so many times. People think all sales is high pressure but honestly there are people that WANT to be sold and just want to see if you will be the guy that can deliver.

Most people suck ass at sales. They come in thinking they're going to cash out after putting in

I probably worked 20 actual hours this month and half of that was just sitting there watching people sign contracts and handing me money :mjlol: everyone I know who is still on the business after 3 years is making money. Everyone else fizzled out and goes back to that 9-5

Sales has been good to me. I've traveled to 10 or 11 countries in the last 4 years thanks to it. And the best part is I never have to "put in" for time off :mjlol: office manager found out I was in Vegas when he saw my IG story. I'm an "independent contractor" they can't tell me shyt and they don't:yeshrug: I come into the office at 8am or noon or not at all if I don't feel like it.

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Salesman are the Scum of the earth. And i look forward to you being fully replaced by the internet:yeshrug:
:mjlol: if it weren't for the internet id have to do dumb shyt like put up flyers. The internet has made my life easier:blessed: sales people will NEVER go away. It's the oldest profession after prostitution.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
What field do you recommend? You in real estate right how’s the process of getting that? Know anything about salesforce? Seems like you need a BA minimum to work there. I have a talent for sales I actually love the competitiveness and picking people apart so let me know fr

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Black people can be some of the biggest haters I swear. And swear they know what they talking about. "Sales will be taking over by robots" :russ::russ: wtf :mjlol:

Anyways, the big money is in the big ticket items like real estate, software, cars, online products, etc. Not so much products like phones.

OP, you should definitely start your own online business and sell products. You can scale that shyt and reach unlimited people in no time, sounds like you know what you're doing. You can have that shyt basically automated and making 6 figgas with way less work than you doing now :ehh:

Good interview with Mike Rashid about his business experiences. Doing millions in sales.