If you got a mouthpiece and you're not working in SALES. Just go ahead and COMMIT THAT!

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
fukk you doing working for $9 an hour. Pull up them pants and grab a phone/get in front of people and get you some business.

Sell software
Sell Real Estate
Sell Cars
Sell Pharmaceuticals
SELL ANYTHING WITH A COMMISSION

(humble brag alert)Just did the math and a breh made 46k in commission from 9/1/18 - 12/30/18 :ohlawd: 14k this month alone, you know I had to put in for a section at the club New year's and bottles on deck with the squad. I earned it:myman:

I'm wrapping up a deal as I write this that will pay me $1400 for literally 15 minutes of speaking to a guy I met this afternoon and showing him he needed what I had.

Just told my brother to ditch his stupid retail sales associate job and since he has years of experience take his ass to Gucci or Loui or some high end shyt and sell that. Higher pay and higher commissions and also clientele with better connections.

nikkas don't want this sales bread though :yeshrug:

I love the hustle :blessed:

1.What specific sales industry do you work in?
2.What exactly do you sell?
3.How long did it take you to get to a position in which you can earn such commission?
4.How long have you been working in sales?

Last edited:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Adulthood means always being prepared for the worst possibility. How much time and energy would I be spending towards something that can net me $0. With the upcoming painful economic downturn, we can apply the lessons from 2008 and know what’s going to happen to those selling things that are non essential

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
Salesmen won’t be replaced by the internet anytime soon
Once these old farts that dont kniw how to use the internet die off then... Yea. They will. Already an obsolete job. Look at all the brick and mortar going out of business. The biggest retailer in America walmart doesnt really have fulltime salesman.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Once these old farts that dont kniw how to use the internet die off then... Yea. They will. Already an obsolete job. Look at all the brick and mortar going out of business. The biggest retailer in America walmart doesnt really have fulltime salesman.

Maybe retail sales will go away but business to business sales will always be there.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saying salespeople will go away is like saying advertising will go away. That shyt will never happen.

And it's not a generational thing either. While older people rely on the salesforce to sell them something in the traditional sense, plenty of younger people rely on the salesforce because so many are incapable of making a decision if presented with more than a limited amount of options. You know who'll help you eliminate the options that don't work, and make a decision? A salesperson.

Having been in sales for a long time, it definitely needs to be noted that this is the one field where you need to be smart with your money. It's a scientific/mathematic fact that you WILL hit a slump at some point. Whether that's because of bad luck, dried up connections/leads, or seasonal peaks and valleys of the business. I've seen way too many people living it up way too much when shyt was good, only to come to me asking if they could hold something for a little bit when shyt slows down.

But most importantly, if you are about to get into sales for the first time, go in with a plan of where you want to be in a few years time. Most companies like to hit you with the golden handcuffs to promote complacency. Meaning that people get addicted to the pay of being an entry/mid level sales person, and let that dissuade them from making what they think will be less money for working their way up, or investing in themselves.

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It’s a skill some people have and some don’t.

I honestly never knew I was as good as I was at it. I was a bartender for a couple years before transitioning into a Forbes 500 mobility company as a sales rep (think Verizon, AT&T, etc.) and I was an absolute beast and pulled around 65k my first year. Two years later I’m running my own location making around 90k in South Louisiana. Combining management with sales is another monster some people have and don’t have but long story short sales opened up a career path for me.

Smooth talkers who can problem solve excel at this role. Kind of like if you’re good when it comes to picking up women :shaq:

Babymama Magnet

All Star
Daps
I worked in Telemarketing sales for 10 months. On the real, it's one of only few jobs (if not the only job) where you can start at the bottom and within a few months you could be earning good/great money.... IF you're good at it.

...With that said, most people aren't built to be a Salesperson with the constant pressure of having to perform and sell everyday while knowing that if you aren't selling sh|t your ass is fvcked. It's why sales has a high turn out of people joining and leaving the job after a few months in.

Salesman are the Scum of the earth. And i look forward to you being fully replaced by the internet:yeshrug:

Sales ain't going anywhere Breh...it's the oldest job in the world