If they want black people to go back to Africa, why did they stop Marcus Garvey's movement?

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
WEB DuBois and some faction on the USA government collaborated and got Garvey on mail fraud charges...combine that and his business failings...and his imperialistic ideals...he didn't really stand a chance.

Garvey didn't want us to go back to Africa..he wanted us to establish our own version of the Great Britain Empire.

You gotta remember his idol was Booker T. Washington...you really think he wanted to go back to Africa and stay there?

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
yall remember when the asian drug dealing doctor got dragged off the flight... he was from vietnam, but china stood up for him...

how many african nations u see standing up for trayvon martin?? i aint see none, cuz all african nations are controlled by non-black folks :francis:

the entire world got wealthy and STAYS wealthy today off free african labor and resources...

what garvey was sayin is that we gotta take back africa as a base of POWER...

cuz if we controlled the resources alotta the racist injustices around the world would stop overnight...

25:41...

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Thread is pretty self-explanatory, I'm new to the Pan-African thing:mjgrin:
It's only regular racist cacs that want black folks to go back to Africa. Politicians/government, corporations/businesses, & the elite understand the big picture and know they make too much money off the back of black folks to allow them to go back to Africa.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yall remember when the asian drug dealing doctor got dragged off the flight... he was from vietnam, but china stood up for him...

how many african nations u see standing up for trayvon martin?? i aint see none, cuz all african nations are controlled by non-black folks :francis:

the entire world got wealthy and STAYS wealthy today off free african labor and resources...

cuz if we controlled the resources alotta the racist injustices around the world would stop overnight...

I can't even conceive of the reaching you're doing in this post.
1. The man was Chinese.
2. The only people that "stood up for him" were on Chinese social media sites, not the Chinese state, and the outrage was mainly Twitter. Even then, the majority was from Asian-Americans.
3.There was a massive amount of outrage from African peoples during various police brutality cases here in the United States. You can just as easily use Google to find this information.
4. Why would an entire state "stand-up" for a case of police brutality in the United States?

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Aside from my last post, only a small number of Whites wanted Black people to be sent Back to Africa.
Black people still provided cheap labour, added to the post-Reconstruction South's voting power, aided in the economy, and having been ingratiated somewhat into White society after a brutal Civil War, were now seen by many as legitimate citizens.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
how many african nations u see standing up for trayvon martin?? i aint see none, cuz all african nations are controlled by non-black folks
I met PLENTY in my travels on the continent. Matter of fact, the only time I ever saw EFF, ANC & DA members unite in a rally was a protest they held outside of the embassy I worked at and the consulate in Cape Town after another black man in America was killed by the police. This type of ignorance is just as bad as some South Africans I met that thought AA didn't stand up for them during apartheid. Then when I showed them numerous videos of speeches and protests, they had nothing to say

Last edited:

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
I can't even conceive of the reaching you're doing in this post.
1. The man was Chinese.
2. The only people that "stood up for him" were on Chinese social media sites, not the Chinese state, and the outrage was mainly Twitter. Even then, the majority was from Asian-Americans.
3.There was a massive amount of outrage from African peoples during various police brutality cases here in the United States. You can just as easily use Google to find this information.
4. Why would an entire state "stand-up" for a case of police brutality in the United States?

im talkin bout african governments... not citizens protesting....

theres nowhere in africa that aint dominated by white power....

cuz if there was i would be living there...

u know united airlines met with chinese CONSULATE officials on behalf of the vietnamese doctor...

david dao was born in vietnam and went to school there, hes not from china...

but the asians understand that a threat against one of them is a threat to ALL of them...

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
I met PLENTY in my travels on the continent. Matter of fact, the only time I ever saw EFF, ANC & DA members unite in a rally was a protest they held outside of the embassy I worked at and the consulate in Cape Town. This type of ignorance is just as bad as some South Africans I met that thought AA didn't stand up for them during apartheid. Then when I showed them numerous videos of speeches and protests, they had nothing to say

i aint talking about the citizens...

im talking bout power brokers standing up holding the wrongdoers accountable...

damn near none of our black government officials actually represent us...

the same issue we got in america exists there too... puppet governments all over the place...

i peeped how the united airlines ceo met with chinese diplomats representing a vietnamese doctor....

all cuz of a routine incident that got blown way outta proportion simply cuz the cops were black...

and they ended up settling with him real quickly...

theres a reason why u don't see non-black folks constantly being murdered in the streets AND in the media after the fact...

all these other groups aint the primary target of the prison system...

cuz they have power, and we don't...

Last edited:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Marcus Garvey wanted a Black Empire. That scared the crap out of a lot of people.

I read an article a while back about how Whites in South Africa were shook when they heard about the Black Start Line since they thought AAs were leading an invasion fleet on behalf of the Africans. The people who wanted Blacks out to Africa like Senator Bilbo of Mississippi hoped we die in some hole, not form a powerful country. Same thing happened with Black missionaries being shut out by European colonial powers.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Marcus Garvey wanted a Black Empire. That scared the crap out of a lot of people.

I read an article a while back about how Whites in South Africa were shook when they heard about the Black Start Line since they thought AAs were leading an invasion fleet on behalf of the Africans. The people who wanted Blacks out to Africa like Senator Bilbo of Mississippi hoped we die in some hole, not form a powerful country. Same thing happened with Black missionaries being shut out by European colonial powers.

:ohhh:

If only history had gone differently..

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
If you say so

airlines overbook all the time...

there was no outrage when the black woman in detroit got dragged off the plane...

instead they were laughing in the background....

alotta the outrage for that case was cuz the cops enforcing the rules were black...

if it was white cops dragging him off the story woulda never blown up like it did...

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps

THIS