If there ever was a Marvin Gaye biopic done, who would you like to see direct it?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Michael Bay
1*MpYNgdhvNr_PxJ1MBX1x6Q.gif

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Current music biopics are all trash.

I always wanted a Marvin Gaye movie but I know Hollywood will fumble it like every single music biopic in recent history.

They’re either bland and boring because the artist/estate has too much input or it’s just over the top with a whole bunch of shyt crammed in.

If they do anything about Marvin Gaye it should be like a HBO production mini series. Not some cheesy Hollywood money grab.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

NAH THEY WOULD PUT ALL TYPES OF LGTB shyt IN THERE

:devil:
:evil:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Current music biopics are all trash.

I always wanted a Marvin Gaye movie but I know Hollywood will fumble it like every single music biopic in recent history.

They’re either bland and boring because the artist/estate has too much input or it’s just over the top with a whole bunch of shyt crammed in.

If they do anything about Marvin Gaye it should be like a HBO production mini series. Not some cheesy Hollywood money grab.

This.

They sugarcoast the "bad/dark parts" of the person's life all the time.

Be real and tell the truth about the whole person. Everything wasn't always rosy. Hate that shyt.

But like you said the estates/family don't wanna see their person's dirt on screen. It doesn't define the person, but whatever.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This.

They sugarcoast the "bad/dark parts" of the person's life all the time.

Be real and tell the truth about the whole person. Everything wasn't always rosy. Hate that shyt.

But like you said the estates/family don't wanna see their person's dirt on screen. It doesn't define the person, but whatever.
The thing is that it kinda DOES define the person. That’s why family has to be protective.