if a family member owes you money, how do you proceed to get that money?

Daps
Reppin
My cousin used my credit card to buy a mothers day gift for his mom. Since we're close, I didn't have a problem with it. And he said he would pay it off within 6 months, since the credit card doesn't charge you interest if paid in full in the first 6 months of purchase.

Now i asked him for the money he's like oh i'll pay it soon as i get the money. As soon as i heard this i was like :damn: and :stopitslime:. I already thought in my mind that it's gonna be tough as shyt to get the money from him.

I don't want to come off as strong and money hungry. This nikka works two jobs to make ends meet. But at the same time, my credit card needs to get paid, and I don't wanna fukk up my credit. Plus he's family.

What I gotta do to make sure the money gets paid. It's only $75 a month.

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
Loan money to family, brehs

:ufdup:

Seriously though I suggest you pay that bill b4 the interest kicks in, shyt you having problems collecting the principle...you think they gonna pay interest :usure:

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
It either comes out the pocket or the chin. Take your pick. 24 hrs with no contact and i know what it is.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
This situation is the reason you don't loan your family money.

I give my family money and they might pay it back. If I know I'll need it, I tell them no because I know I most likely won't be getting it back.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never lend anything that you cannot afford to lose. Just write it off as a loss and don't loan him money again. Next year, tell him to make his mom a card out of a cereal box.

SwagmundFreud

Superstar
Daps
I have fam that owes me money right now, I just cut em out of my life. Cocksukers.

PrinceDeeDer

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only family members i let barrow money is my brother and my dad cuz they have a good track record for payin back. As far as any other family member you might as well consider that money gone.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
This ain't no game nikka. You think this is a game nikka. This ain't no game. Real nikkas all day every day. On the block all day. Nikka. This shyt right here nikka. This shyt right here?

Daps
Reppin
but why would a family member fukk up a relationship for $75 a month? If i owed somebody that much amount of money, i would pay it back.

i just need to find a way to ask him. That's all.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I don't stress shyt cuz I don't lend out anything I'm not willing to lose even to family members.

If I feel like they may not be able to give me back the money i loan something from them in return so they have to return my shyt to get back their shyt lol.

Daps
but why would a family member fukk up a relationship for $75 a month? If i owed somebody that much amount of money, i would pay it back.

i just need to find a way to ask him. That's all.

same thing he's thinking. Oh @World War Z aint goin spazz on me over a petty $75 a month. We too tight for that. He'll understand:smugfavre:

At a point what you need to do is ask him straight up, with the truth.

Like "bro any idea when you can get that money to me, im tryna pay it off so this dont mess up my credit".

cousin: "yea no prob cuzzo, ill get it to you soon"

you: "Ok but i need to know when though. They bout to start putting interest on the balance."

Do not let this convo end UNTIL you get a concrete date. Its been two months, times up for that slick blurry talk. If he cries poverty make him tell you what can he give (a reasonable person aint goin sit there and say "i cant give NOTHING"). If it escalates or he refuses to give a date then it gets clearer what type of person you're dealing with.

Last edited by a moderator: