Icons: Combat Arena-Steam 2018 Release(Melee Spiritual Successor)

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

They just released a teaser with the first gameplay being shown today after Tekken 7 Finals.

This is being made by a group of the "Project M" team (A mod that made Brawl more like melee) They made their own company called "WaveDash Games"

Project M was discontinued 2 years ago because of threats of C&D from Nintendo. So the creators rallied up and created their own platform game from scratch.

This game has every intention to be a E-Sports level game. All 8 confirmed characters will be modeled after the basic archtypes of the popular Melee characters

Ashani-Falcon
Zuhrong-Marth

for examples.

Closed Beta will be out later this year. Projected 2018 release. Beta signup
Wavedash - Icons: Combat Arena

Im hyped as hell for this. Project M is absolutely incredible gameplay/mechanic wise but it never got the support it deserved because Nintendo was always in the shadow ready to shut it down once it got bigger then Brawl. Once Smash 4 made it to esports level Nintendo sent the hounds quickly and they shut it down.

Im not a big fan of the art style so far but if this is what it takes to get a new age melee to esports then im all for it.

Watch ya boy put in some work with PM sheik. (I lost though lol. Dude is top 5 PM snakes in the world. But that 2nd round was a thing of beauty from ya boy especially since i don't practice the game at all anymore Lmao.)

Ridiculous how im gonna be playing 4 games competitively in the next year (MVCI/DBFZ/Dissidia/Icons)

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This game is legit. The gameplay is really really on point. I've been using the character that's basically Lucina and I felt right at home. I've been playing the beta today and last week(it's up on Wed for a few hours) and aside from aesthetics this game is pretty damn good. Obviously Smash is way better because the art style, characters and presentation is x100 but this is a great holdover game until the main meal.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bump:

Game releases today on Steam(unlocks at 3PM EST/12PM PST).

It's a F2P game so you can download it and try it out.

This is the closest to a legit smash game until the real deal comes out. it's decent but of course Smash Bros is better.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Yea I've been in the closed beta for months. The characters are lame but the game play is there

Good to see it reach early access status

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ugh the launch is pretty wack. 3 characters, lots of grinding to unlock 1 character and the character designs/UI/presentation is bland as hell.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Been playing alot since it released. Wound up facing Snakeee in ranked.(He was a big name back in the Brawl days)

I lost(barely) but i decided to upload it just to show some of the gameplay off. It starts at 1.03. I was too lazy to edit it lol.

Yo this dude almost beat me lmfao. WTF is this character.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Played a few rounds tonight. The gameplay is the only thing that's holding this thing together and even then it's not enough glue to hold the bland characters, music and sound in the game. I like that they gave everyone 1000 pts to get a character but aside from that the game should've went for it's own look and feel. I think Slap City is a funner game.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Played a few rounds tonight. The gameplay is the only thing that's holding this thing together and even then it's not enough glue to hold the bland characters, music and sound in the game. I like that they gave everyone 1000 pts to get a character but aside from that the game should've went for it's own look and feel. I think Slap City is a funner game.

I made cooler looking sketches in one night after thinking about this game

If I knew how to code...