I wanna gift my switch account to a little cousin and want to make sure I have everything straight…

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
  • I’m gonna change my p/w to something simple then he can change it on his own once he assumes the account
  • my real name isn’t associated with the account
  • nor is my real birthdate
  • I have no credit/debit cards saved
  • I’ll be on the phone with him when I change the email address to his so he can verify it
  • and I have to deregister my console and turn off google authenticator

is there anything else I’m missing or need to do?

I don’t want any information left over that could get in his way or leave any of my personal shyt behind

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
  • I’m gonna change my p/w to something simple then he can change it on his own once he assumes the account
  • my real name isn’t associated with the account
  • nor is my real birthdate
  • I have no credit/debit cards saved
  • I’ll be on the phone with him when I change the email address to his so he can verify it
  • and I have to deregister my console and turn off google authenticator

is there anything else I’m missing or need to do?

I don’t want any information left over that could get in his way or leave any of my personal shyt behind

I'm assuming you want him to keep your downloaded games?

Otherwise you'd just wipe it.

You have everything right as far as your checklist.

Unless you really want to talk to him on the phone. Just make a dummy email account and put it on the switch with a generic password and give him all the info when you give him the switch and save a phone call....

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm assuming you want him to keep your downloaded games?

Otherwise you'd just wipe it.

You have everything right as far as your checklist.

Unless you really want to talk to him on the phone. Just make a dummy email account and put it on the switch with a generic password and give him all the info when you give him the switch and save a phone call....

ya the account/digital games not the actual switch—he already has one…the dummy email account makes sense but I don’t hate talking to him so that’s not an issue lol :cool: thanks

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if it wasn’t for ToTK I’d probably do the same

I’m not fukking with that game on their platform unless they drop an upgraded system…I’m tired of their practices…haven’t used the switch in MONTHS…no metroid prime remastered release…I’m playing the steam deck…and xbox and PS have made many of their games available on the platform in one way or the other…nintendo exclusives are fun but not to the degree that they act like their shyt don’t stink and they can’t make nice with other platforms…I’m off them.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
think I’m keep my shyt…good thing I ain’t tell him nothing yet…maybe I’ll just buy him some games

:pachaha:
if you're willing, you could make a family online account and I think if you add your account to to theirs they'll be albe to download and shyt while you still have access