I thought PS4 remote play wouldn't work good outside according to Smooth3d?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes lagless on your home network. Try that shyt in the streets and see what happens.

Sigh my friend I feel you may be disappointed. Most have home isp's have fairly low uplink speeds compared to their download speeds. So you have a bandwidth issues right there. Then there's latency between their network and isp to the school/work/cell etc. isp. Lets not even get into the issue QOS protocols but in by schools/business/work/public networks that will kill your bandwidth and latency etc. Its a nightmare for something like this where you have to send time sensitive data back and forth through all this mess. Being on a home network bypasses most of these issues.

This is the main thing I don't like about Sony approach about these things. I commend them for doing this because its good feature for home use. But they are just vague enough to let people think they will be gaming away from home playing their PS4 games on vita.

Nvidia shield has the same feature where can play your PC games on the shield if you have a compatible Nvidia graphics card. But they don't imply you can play your Pc games on the go away from your home network.

Its not hoping, If you know anything about networking and how it works it will be not be a very good experience playing this game on any network that is not your native home network. Maybe a turn based rpg will work but any fast paced game such as fighters, fps, racing etc will have less then good results due to latency and bandwidth issues. Theres nothing Sony can do about that. So yall thinking that your are going to be at school or working playing the latest PS4 game on your Vita is sorely mistaken.

:snoop:
Now that the PS4 is out, people have tried this and it's reported to be VERY good. Not "terrible, or unplayable" as Smooth would like you to believe.
Don't think so??
This guy hooked up his vita via his 4G lte phone in the middle of new york.

Some impressions of remote play users on gaf
Tested my Vita at work today:

~7 miles from my house.

I have FIOS Quantum at home with their Wireless N Gigabit router and get about 80-100 down and 30-50 up depending on the test. Router has uPnP enabled by default. So didn't change anything from the default.

Played over visitor wifi at work. The closest access point is down the hallway but my signal on the vita gives me two bars. Speed test from here (using iphone on same network) was above 10 down. Couldnt get any speed tests to work on the Vita browser. I also disabled the wifi network power saving option on the vita (thanks GAF!)

It took quite a while to connect, but this was the first time connecting over the internet. It worked amazingly well. I played NFS and Resogun and they were very fun and playable. COD worked too. The latency and screen quality were amazing. This is truly next gen. Because this works so well I have decided to go fully digital for all my games going forward on PS4. Ironically Ill stay disc based for my XboxOne. Its yet another reason to buy all my multiplatform games on PS4 though. I am so excited right now. Cant wait to try this at my parents house where I spend alot of time.

Tried out remote play for the first time yesterday.

fukking game changer. Direct connect was next to perfect, and I just tried it halfway across the country and it still worked well. There was noticeable lag but Assassin's Creed 4 was more than playable. Image quality was great too. People need to get on this, this isn't a gimmick. And sony needs to advertise this feature too.
Good god, I just played Kill Zone on a Bus over T-Mobile LTE. Lag occurred only 3 times.
Tried it out last night after leaving the bar. Tethered to my LTE phone from the cab and continued my game of AC4, and when I arrived I picked up my controller and continued playing.

The future is here, gentlemen.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683245&page=14

Me personally I tried it around the house and it worked damn near flawlessly. Barely noticeable hitching and/or lag at random times and the image quality is GREAT. I live in a three story house and I'm at the top floor and I went down to the first floor from the third while streaming Knack and it didn't skip a beat. I wanted to try it out today at work but my internet was cut off at home temporarily so I couldn't try it. As obvious, YMMV so you have to factor in shytty connection speeds and congested networks and/or improper router settings that can hamper your connection.

Oh and please no downplaying the feature or saying obvious shyt like "I wouldn't play a serious match online using this method" or "But the lack of buttons makes some games not worth playing..." Point is the shyt works really good and you @Smooth3d were WRONG. :pacspit:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:beli:So you ignore the countless people who say they have problems with it even at home?

Have you used it outside?

It was never said that it couldn't work. It was said that it WOULDN'T work for most people.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:beli:So you ignore the countless people who say they have problems with it even at home?

It was never said that it couldn't work. It was said that it WOULDN'T work for most people.
So you also ignore the fact that some people don't have their router set up right?? Hell you don't even NEED a router to use remote play. You can connect directly to the PS4 using it's own wifi.

You just saw two videos of someone using it outside but yet you still ask me if I used it outside?? :mindblown:
You and your boy were banking on it not working or working very poorly outside the house. Now you're switching face saying it wouldn't work for most people when the only thing stopping it from working for some people is their router settings and again their connection. A simple settings ticked here and there or maybe a google search can yield results favorably for the populace that it doesn't work for. Keep spinning though, you're soon about to hit the rinse cycle.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Some people just aint tech savvy.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
:comeon: I responded to that video all ready, the one on the lte t-mo he has lag and this is a single player game imagine him doing this in a online multi-play environment. Just because someone got it to work does mean it would work well outside the home, try this on bf4 multiplayer for example. So you have not prove anything. I never said it would not work in the home.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
So this idiot uses a story from some guy with VERIZON FIOS in his fukking house as an example of this shyt working flawlessly? :comeon:

Most americans don't have such high quality internet at home, so for MOST Americans this will be nothing more than a niche feature.

And what the fukk is the purpose of playing PS4 games on your Vita anyways? The Vita already has plenty of games on its own merit, that are generally high quality. Not sure why you'd need a vita to play ps4 games, when the games are generally similar for both platforms. Killzone on Vita is arguably an EXTREMELY similar experience that is had on the PS4, albeit with less sharp graphics. And furthermore, The Wii U already has this feature and no one gives a fukk. I'm not sure why you guys are acting as if this is so revolutionary.

Furthermore, the battery on the Vita is trash, so with this feature, i expect the battery life to be cut in half. Not a very realistic option for regular use imho.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So you also ignore the fact that some people don't have their router set up right?? Hell you don't even NEED a router to use remote play. You can connect directly to the PS4 using it's own wifi.

You just saw two videos of someone using it outside but yet you still ask me if I used it outside?? :mindblown:
You and your boy were banking on it not working or working very poorly outside the house. Now you're switching face saying it wouldn't work for most people when the only thing stopping it from working for some people is their router settings and again their connection. A simple settings ticked here and there or maybe a google search can yield results favorably for the populace that it doesn't work for. Keep spinning though, you're soon about to hit the rinse cycle.

Have not spinned anything. That dude has the ideal set up and he still has lag.

So I ask again, have you used it outside your home:mjpls:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
its decent but its not 100% for me. it loses connection more frequently than id like