I think I'm going to do the big chop...

EARFQUAKE

šŸ„°
Supporter
Daps
Not because I'm team natural, :scusthov: I really don't care for the natural look or feel, but my hair in its current state is fuu.

I've had so much breakage that I don't believe my hair can get back to the length it used to be if I continue what i'm doing. It's growing but I'm afraid to relax it again.

I'm also afraid of cutting off all my hair :merchant:

Don't get me wrong, I've cut it short before and it grew back even longer, but I'm like...about to get a fade and I'm not sure if my head shape can handle that :skip:

There's also the issue of having to wear a protective style constantly until my hair looks decent for public. I might do crotchet braids but we shall see.

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

thought you were about to go natural, either way good luck with you journey!

EARFQUAKE

šŸ„°
Supporter
Daps
Do you mean because of how it looks or maintenance?

Both. When I went natural about two or three years ago it was a nightmare. This time I plan on trying to stick with and starting off shorter than before...

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Smh go natural love your texture n learn to take care of yo hair. Why chop it to just put relaxers and other damaging shyt in there n fukk it up again?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think you have a good size head for either shaved or a low fade from what I can remember ( post up some head shots)

I guess it all depends on what your comfortable with, a good reset my be great for your hair going forward.

I'm a big fan of natural hair so I'm kind of bias, however I think straighten hair on some black women is amazing too.

I think your head and face type allows for either.

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
Get a trim, clarifying shampoo wash, hardcore protein treatment, and a moisturizing deep conditioning treatment every 4-6 weeks until you see improvement. You can wear your hair in buns, braids, etc. for protective styling.

Also, what's causing the breakage? Hair color, tension, stress?