I saw a story of one of the best women college basketball players ever entering into a monastic life. Any one know someone who chose this path?

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
She literally left everything behing and can't communicate with her family but on rare ocassions. Her family seems to be upset with her for choosing this path and her mother has really been torn over it. I don't get how this is seen as an option for those who are spirtual. It's kind of sad to me but I guess it's a calling.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn those were strict rules she had to follow. :huhldup:

She has to be barefoot full time, she only gets 1 meal a day and can’t talk for 23 hours a day :huhldup:

not only that but she can only see/hug her family and friends once every 25 years :huhldup: :huhldup:
I wonder how those women feel doing that? How many women actually stick through with it and don’t give up. That nun program has to have like a 99% fail rate if I had to guess

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I know two people who will be Eastern Orthodox Christian monks

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Some people believe the world to be illusionary and they feel they can contemplate the wisdom teachings and meditate on reality and their connection to the ALL without attachments or the drive of having to participate in every day life. Some people however, are in cults that practice extreme dogma that won't have you any closer to realization than you started with

But to answer the question, I know one guy that lived with monks for a bit until they realized they were just playing at being one and that wasn't there path. A women who thought she would follow Buddhism and decided not too

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Damn those were strict rules she had to follow. :huhldup:

She has to be barefoot full time, she only gets 1 meal a day and can’t talk for 23 hours a day :huhldup:

not only that but she can only see/hug her family and friends once every 25 years :huhldup: :huhldup:
I wonder how those women feel doing that? How many women actually stick through with it and don’t give up. That nun program has to have like a 99% fail rate if I had to guess
that spiritual pimpin is a muhfukka..

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Some people believe the world to be illusionary and they feel they can contemplate the wisdom teachings and meditate on reality and their connection to the ALL without attachments or the drive of having to participate in every day life. Some people however, are in cults that practice extreme dogma that won't have you any closer to realization than you started with

But to answer the question, I know one guy that lived with monks for a bit until they realized they were just playing at being one and that wasn't there path. A women who thought she would follow Buddhism and decided not too
I saw a lot of people in the comments calling it a cult and not based on what God would want. It kind of has this feeling, even the 25 year number to hug your family. Who came up with that?

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I saw a lot of people in the comments calling it a cult and not based on what God would want. It kind of has this feeling, even the 25 year number to hug your family. Who came up with that?
You ever see the documentary called "wild country " on Netflix? That 25 seems like a way of weening out people they can isolate and indoctrinate tbh