I recently got my hair braided for the first time and I have a few question.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Finally got my shyt braided after growing it out for almost a whole year. I’ve rocked a caesar for almost all of my life so I’m a bit clueless as to how to maintain them.

How often am I suppose to moisturize it? Is it ok for me to get my shyt braided back to back or do I need to let my hair “breath” after a certain time? Is it normal for my scalp to be really itchy during the first week of rocking them? Do cornrows really ruin your hairline? :patrice:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally got my shyt braided after growing it out for almost a whole year. I’ve rocked a caesar for almost all of my life so I’m a bit clueless as to how to maintain them.

How often am I suppose to moisturize it? Is it ok for me to get my shyt braided back to back or do I need to let my hair “breath” after a certain time? Is it normal for my scalp to be really itchy during the first week of rocking them? Do cornrows really ruin your hairline? :patrice:

Yes can't speak to that other shyt but it itches like a mug inbetween the braids. I used carrot oil but it relieves shyt briefly. I don't know anything that stops the itch other than time.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road

You gotta let it breathe and moisturize it with a everyday spray to keep it from being brittle.

I use Oyin Juices N Berries for my locs. Try it out for your braids.

And don't geaux b2b with braids...let ya shyt breathe.

Ty Daniels

All Star
Daps
Back when I had braids I used a spray like this one:

SBS-167710.jpg

But it was a different brand, African Pride:

African-Pride-Braid-Sheen-Spray-Extra-Shine-12-oz_924e0f6e-709b-4ce8-ac3e-8133fd0d1724_1.62c8e6d292460fa33ed5ec14f343609f.jpeg

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Berries and Juices spray like breh said before for daily moisturizing but you can just use water.

And braids don't fukk up ya line if they're placed correctly. They should start braiding a few inches behind your line.

I used to get mine back to back for sport reasons but I would recommend 2 weeks off, 2 months on. Maybe only a month on if them shyts are tight. Having your hair undone then detailed and braid immediately after can be painfully...especially if you're tend headed.

Washing corns and preventing grease build up is difficult, especially if you're active.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
You gotta let it breathe and moisturize it with a everyday spray to keep it from being brittle.

I use Oyin Juices N Berries for my locs. Try it out for your braids.

And don't geaux b2b with braids...let ya shyt breathe.
My stylist suggest I get twists whenever I decided to take a break from braids because it’s a very low manipulation style. It’s that a good idea?

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
My stylist suggest I get twists whenever I decided to take a break from braids because it’s a very low manipulation style. It’s that a good idea?
Yes but you don't have to get styles. Main thing you wanna do is keep your hair moisturized and not always manipulated. Let it be.

I.e.

Use Oyin Juices N Berries daily and Oil it every 4 days

On wash day use a ultra hydrating shampoo and conditioner; Dry it to a slightly damp effect and then oil it.

I wouldn't get my hair styled but maybe 6 times out the year or less. No more than 6.