Reppin
Na
MCU and Star Wars belonging to Disney

TMNT being owned by Nickolodeon

It results in less risks being taken

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think it depends on what the executives mindset is at the time. Using MCU as an example, I don't think it becomes as big as it does without Disney backing and we probably never get an 'Infinity Saga' double feature where there's $800M put into production design, special effects and the like..

But then the terrible side of Disney showed up where they pledge to their shareholders MORE and MORE... and we end up seeing the corporate greed side of things where they produce a bunch of mid that nobody fukks with...

Then you look at something like 'Dune'.. same thing. Without it having a marquee director and funding from WBD, we don't get what's turned out to be a classic series thus far..

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I think it depends on what the executives mindset is at the time. Using MCU as an example, I don't think it becomes as big as it does without Disney backing and we probably never get an 'Infinity Saga' double feature where there's $800M put into production design, special effects and the like..

But then the terrible side of Disney showed up where they pledge to their shareholders MORE and MORE... and we end up seeing the corporate greed side of things where they produce a bunch of mid that nobody fukks with...

Then you look at something like 'Dune'.. same thing. Without it having a marquee director and funding from WBD, we don't get what's turned out to be a classic series thus far..

Yea it's give and take. Remember a decade ago when the Sony leaks happened including the strict requirements they had for outsourcing the Spider-Man IP? i.e. Peter Parker could not be race-bent, made gay or trans, or depicted as racist, sexist, etc etc and the list went on and on, no room for any of that rian johnson ish that was pulled with Luke Skywalker.

So on one hand, he's almost always going to be a kid in high school or college (which pisses off the older fans, as that's playing it safe to them). But on the other hand, they'll also never have to worry about Peter Parker not being "Peter Parker" by some shock value seeking director or writer.

T'Challa himself is a lucrative toy and merch seller, so corporate white ppl would've had him recast yesterday and are rumored to be impatiently biding their time on it. The 180 flip on how they view him is not lost on me either.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Yea it's give and take. Remember a decade ago when the Sony leaks happened including the strict requirements they had for outsourcing the Spider-Man IP? i.e. Peter Parker could not be race-bent, made gay or trans, or depicted as racist, sexist, etc etc and the list went on and on, no room for any of that rian johnson ish that was pulled with Luke Skywalker.

So on one hand, he's almost always going to be a kid in high school or college (which pisses off the older fans, as that's playing it safe to them). But on the other hand, they'll also never have to worry about Peter Parker not being "Peter Parker" by some shock value seeking director or writer.

T'Challa himself is a lucrative toy and merch seller, so corporate white ppl would've had him recast yesterday and are rumored to be impatiently biding their time on it. The 180 flip on how they view him is not lost on me either.
:mjlol:what Rian Johnson did with Luke wasn't that bad

Meanwhile, Peter Parker made a deal with the devil and sacrificed his marriage to save his old ass aunt

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:mjlol:what Rian Johnson did with Luke wasn't that bad

Meanwhile, Peter Parker made a deal with the devil and sacrificed his marriage to save his old ass aunt
How about you pay attention :mjlol:

i'm clearly talking about the movies, hence Sony outsourcing the Spidey IP :mjlol:

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
How about you pay attention :mjlol:

i'm clearly talking about the movies, hence Sony outsourcing the Spidey IP :mjlol:
The point, which flew over your head, is Marvel been doing fukk shyt with characters

It's the nature of comics

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The point, which flew over your head, is Marvel been doing fukk shyt with characters

It's the nature of comics

No. the point that flew over your head is i'm talking about the movie properties :mjlol:
Not the comics

Hence, Sony outsourcing the Spidey IP as my example.

I been reading the damn comics for 25+ years. Marvel will have rape camps go on in Wakanda books by some shock value writer (Coates) but the big wig execs don't care as long as that shyt don't make it to their 300 million debut movie.

I say it's a give and take because some execs will fukk up a movie trying to be too lazy/pandering to the wrong consumer, while others will be conservative.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
No. the point that flew over your head is i'm talking about the movie properties :mjlol:
Not the comics

Hence, Sony outsourcing the Spidey IP as my example.

I been reading the damn comics for 25+ years. Marvel will have rape camps go on in Wakanda books by some shock value writer (Coates) but the big wig execs don't care as long as that shyt don't make it to their 300 million debut movie.
MCU made the average comic run worse
Completely ruined Guardians and Xmen for a time

You only talking about the comics, but Disney bought everything, and that includes the comics

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
MCU made the average comic run worse
Completely ruined Guardians and Xmen for a time

You only talking about the comics,
but Disney bought everything, and that includes the comics
No, i'm talking about Sony... who still owns the Spidey IP and licenses it to Marvel. Hence the Sony leak detailing the terms of usage for him.

However you feel about the comic run (which wasn't my point), i'm talking about the character protection of high profile characters in the movies. That's the give and take.

i.e. Those who like MCU Peter Parker, they're in for a treat bc that's what the big wigs will continue feeding em, since he makes them billions. Those who don't like MCU goofy Thor, well that's the negative because his movies made bank with that goofy shift so that's what they'll double down on.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
No, i'm talking about Sony... who still owns the Spidey IP and licenses it to Marvel. Hence the Sony leak detailing the terms of usage for him.

However you feel about the comic run (which wasn't my point), i'm talking about the character protection of high profile characters in the movies. That's the give and take.

i.e. Those who like MCU Peter Parker, they're in for a treat bc that's what the big wigs will continue feeding em, since he makes them billions. Those who don't like MCU goofy Thor, well that's the negative because his movies made bank with that goofy shift so that's what they'll double down on.
So basically you're a consumerism whore who will eat whatever Disney feeds you

Unless it's "woke"

Got it

Nothing intelligent firing through yout brain

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I felt like that new Captain America trailer seemed a bit more…mature? Shyt looked aight to me. I’m intritigued.