I need help fixing my credit

Nuke Dukem

Da Bears
Daps
Reppin
Windy City
Okay so I just checked all of my credit rating/score/history

and.... Its awful, but I want to improve it..

Here's where Im at with everything

My rating is at 582

Last August I took out a car loan for $17k. I owe around $15k still... Ive never been late on a payment yet

I have a few student loans also that Ive taken out..

Now this is where the problems start, I have debts that are in collections (some of them are old as hell too)

Now Ive never owned a credit card in my life, but do have hospital/dental bills that went unpaid when I was younger and didnt have insurance

Heres the list of them:

$81 7-1-2010
$138 7-1-2010
$2,764 1-1-2012 ------> All of this equals out to $3,408
$213 6-1-2011
$212 6-1-2011

All of these are also marked as CLOSED & KD (key derogatory)

Ive also had 12 credit inquiries dating back to 5-14-2011

So what should my next step be in fixing all this and building my credit rating up... As of now Im paying my car on time, every time..

I'm not sure how to handle these debts to collection agencies though

MBwithadream

All Star
Bushed
Daps
2i6cfhk.jpg

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
dont touch any of the debts in collection agencies they will be off in 7 years and paying them still wont make your credit rise

trust me :jawalrus:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
google..."pay for delete" and "hipaa letter"

dont pay on those collections though until you research those two things. Paying on them will only update them and make them more current.....lowering your score

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
I don't know about the collections. They'll fall off in 7 years if you don't reset the clock by talking to collectors. It might help to pay off the bullshyt ones but idk. You can also sometimes settle them for pennies on the dollar. I'd recommend getting a credit card as soon as you can. The longer you have cc accounts open the more it helps. Not sure they'll give you one with that score but I bet someone will. Keep it open forever and use it occasionally. Always pay on time but for it to really help you need to carry a balance. If you pay it off every month they assume you didn't need credit and it doesn't help your score much. So when you buy a computer pay it off over three months. you do pay interest this way but it will help your credit. The trick is to carry a high balance for a while and then pay it down. It shows creditors you can borrow and then pay it off. (Car loans can help too as you pay them down.) After you do that for a while get a second card and switch to using that one. Keep both open forever. Keep everything in good standing. Always pay at least the minimum but try not to fall into needing credit cards because they're evil. Last I checked my credit was over 800. That's how I did it.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wait for Chris Rock's next documentary. apparently his next one will be called "Credit is the Devil" and it's about debt. I was actually pleasently surprised by Good Hair so this one might be good too.